Another NFL Referee Playoff Blunder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another NFL Referee Playoff Blunder

This shit was nuts. Even the guy that committed the offense was surprised he didn't get pass interference. If they had been able to review the play on video it would called pass interference no doubt about it. I don't want to slow the game down by allowing the refs to stop and review each play but damn man this was literally a game and season changer.

----------

"“I just know I got there before the ball got there, and I whacked his ass,” Robey-Coleman said.

The only problem: The official closest to the play did not penalize Robey-Coleman for pass interference. It came as a shock to just about everyone, including Robey-Coleman, who recalled hearing the official yell, “Incomplete!” Per league rules, judgment calls like pass interference are not subject to video review.

“I got up and I looked around, and no laundry,” Robey-Coleman said, referring to the absence of a yellow penalty flag.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/s...officials.html

I watched the game. Saints blew a 13 point lead and that pass was way out of bounce so it wouldn't have made a difference.
    Props to the Rams kicker in OT. He made that field goal look easy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
      I watched the game. Saints blew a 13 point lead and that pass was way out of bounce so it wouldn't have made a difference.
      Props to the Rams kicker in OT. He made that field goal look easy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
      It was not way out of bounce. The receiver definitely would have had an opportunity to catch that pass. It was a terrible call. I don't care for either team so I could care less but a terrible call that changed the outcome of the game.

Comment

Chadd is correct. Lol @ a German telling us about American football.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

but the receiver obviously couldn’t even see the ball behind the defender, he made no attempt to adjust to the pass. By the time he was whacked, it would have been too late to adjust anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            Chadd is correct. Lol @ a German telling us about American football.

my passport and varsity football days say other wise

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
              It was not way out of bounce. The receiver definitely would have had an opportunity to catch that pass. It was a terrible call. I don't care for either team so I could care less but a terrible call that changed the outcome of the game.
              I’ve seen at least 10 worse calls this season alone. The Saints got away with three egregious facemasks that were just as bad as this one, and one of them probably cost the Rams a TD.

Comment

3rd grader coulda made that call... hard to watch

Comment

Originally posted by jack tors View Post
                  3rd grader coulda made that call... hard to watch
                  Bori says it was fine. Lol

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk6NKmFP0pE&t=333s

Comment

I forgot about that one lol.

Comment