Government shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Government shut down

Normally politics do not bother me, but this is some dumb shit right here. Trump and Congress acting like children not considering others livily hood. Yet you have congress still getting paid.

Really, fuck this wall. It will make a ton of a difference because their other ways to get shit traffic in the country or get in illegally as an immigrant. Just beef up customs border if it such of a concern.

My pops is not even getting paid or getting his military retirment check because of this peace of shit.

Really America is a big ass joke right now and you have to admit that.

China and Russia are laughing there ass,s off

agree with your general point for sure. people that can't afford it are not getting paid. a gov shutdown should directly impact the people that CAN afford it. if the government shutdown meant a weekly $500k fine for the president and a $50k fine for each member of the Senate I guarantee we would be open for business within 2 weeks.

Nancy, Chuck, and Trump are just playing a game of saving face at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
      Normally politics do not bother me, but this is some dumb shit right here. Trump and Congress acting like children not considering others livily hood. Yet you have congress still getting paid.

Really, fuck this wall. It will make a ton of a difference because their other ways to get shit traffic in the country or get in illegally as an immigrant. Just beef up customs border if it such of a concern.

My pops is not even getting paid or getting his military retirment check because of this peace of shit.

Really America is a big ass joke right now and you have to admit that.

China and Russia are laughing there ass,s off
      Funny..I'm getting my military retirement check?

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post

okay bro but many people aren't. if you were living pay check to pay check doing your best to provide for your fam by working an honest job for the gov and they were telling you "sorry the fat cats at the top are playing politics you don't deserve your check this week" you'd be a little less defensive over all this.

Comment

Boom......

Military Retirees and Survivor Benefit Plan recipients would, during a shutdown, still receive their pension checks as the funding for these benefits is NOT tied to Congress’s funding bill. After previous shutdowns, Veteran Affairs lobbied Congress to fund the VA on a two-year budget cycle which exempts the department.

Read more: https://militarybenefits.info/govern...#ixzz5dWuS1RFc

Comment

bori you making up stories about your pop not getting his military retirement check?

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              okay bro but many people aren't. if you were living pay check to pay check doing your best to provide for your fam by working an honest job for the gov and they were telling you "sorry the fat cats at the top are playing politics you don't deserve your check this week" you'd be a little less defensive over all this.
              I'm not agreeing with what these stupid fucks are doing..I'm just pointing out them checks are still being sent..they are not stopped.

Comment

he is retired coast guard. they are part of homeland security

Comment

he is retired coast guard. they are part of homeland security
                  In that case then I believe that you would be correct

Comment

In that case then I believe that you would be correct

yea, i mean they far from poor, so they living through the savings as im sure u doing the same, but imagine those that live pay check to pay check and have to take out loans to pay there mortgages and shit

if my VA would of got shutdown. I be fucked!!!

Comment

yea, i mean they far from poor, so they living through the savings as im sure u doing the same, but imagine those that live pay check to pay check and have to take out loans.

if my VA would of got shutdown. I be fucked!!!
                      Yep I agree it's a fucked up situation these political asses are playing...because they don't like each other...it's fucking disgusting!
                      On another note...I never understood why bush pulled coasties out of DOD....

Comment

yea, i mean they far from poor, so they living through the savings as im sure u doing the same, but imagine those that live pay check to pay check and have to take out loans to pay there mortgages and shit
                        thing is bro, loans are not being given as easily as they once were. if they are, the interest rates are so high that people living pay check to pay check are literally putting the noose around their own neck..

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          thing is bro, loans are not being given as easily as they once were. if they are, the interest rates are so high that people living pay check to pay check are literally putting the noose around their own neck..
                          the navy federal credit union are giving out loans to coasties, but i agree with the high interest rates

Comment

Also..if they bank with USAA and check is direct deposit...they are covered interest free! USAA can't be beat for vets!!!

Comment

Also..if they bank with USAA and check is direct deposit...they are covered interest free! USAA can't be beat for vets!!!

that's just a checking/savings though. they aren't giving out loans interest free that's for damn sure. many of these 800k gov workers don't have a dime to put into a savings account.

Comment

Working...
                              X