Robert Whitaker pulled out of UFC 234

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Whitaker pulled out of UFC 234

UFC middle weight champion Robert Whitaker pulled just a few hours away from the championship bout.

Israel Adanasnya and Anderson Silva moved up to the Main Event.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Crazy as I watched the weigh ins just before this happened and he looked sharper and ready to go.
    Sucks for Kevin Gastelum (his opponent) as he has the opportunity to get the strap.
    Imagine having a 16 week training camp, cut weight, fly all the way to Australia and this shit happens..
    The card was already terrible as it is.

Comment

Fight fans really didn’t know the extent of Whittaker’s injury until a microphone was put in front of UFC president Dana White during the ESPN broadcast of UFC 234’s “Prelims.”
      “He’s in the recovery room. I was with his wife and family,” said White. “This is one of those freak accidents where the doctor said literally they’ve never seen this type of injury in a young person. This usually happens to old people.”

“His bowel and intestines poked through the hole,” explained White. “It didn’t happen yesterday after the weigh ins. They think he’s had this problem and it’s been going in and out. It’s one of those situations had it popped out during the fight it could have been fatal for him.”
      Crisis adverted. Sort of.

Comment

Working...
      X