Looking for a desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a desktop

I can't seem to decide whether I go with Main Gear or Digital Storm desktops.

Anyone know of something as equal or if not better?

It is for gaming, vlog, editing, etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Depends on what you mean by gaming. If you want PS4 or better graphics you need a powerful GPU and CPU. The best gaming PC's have to be built. You buy the motherboard, GPU, CPU etc..

If you want just basic gaming then yeah any good desktop will do. Never heard of the brands you mentioned.

Lol @ vlog. You gonna make some 50mph hour long highway vids? :D

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Just do a Google search on best gaming desktops. You get the usual suspects - Alienware, Dell, MSI, etc. The brands you mention are nowhere to be found and I have never heard of them.

For video editing, just get 16GB or 32GB of RAM and make sure your OS and programs are sitirng on a SSD drive. Also get the best processor you can afford. 8th gen core i7 or something like that.

Comment

The 2 company's mentioned, pretty much are the Porsche and Lamd Rover of desktops for gaming and such.

I will be gaming and streaming as well, but I don't need something that's $2K either.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
          Just do a Google search on best gaming desktops. You get the usual suspects - Alienware, Dell, MSI, etc. The brands you mention are nowhere to be found and I have never heard of them.

For video editing, just get 16GB or 32GB of RAM and make sure your OS and programs are sitirng on a SSD drive. Also get the best processor you can afford. 8th gen core i7 or something like that.
          Umm do some search bro, gaming companies

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post

So it's a boutique PC made to order with fancy case, etc? What does it have under the hood that makes it better?

I looked at multiple "best of" lists from different sites and these brands aren't in the top 10. What makes them better? I mean, these ratings are made with hard spec comparisons.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol Rado.

The lambos of the PC world are home built. What's the specs on these PC's bro. Post them up. What's the GPU they come with?

Comment

LMAO

Comment

So it's a boutique PC made to order with fancy case, etc? What does it have under the hood that makes it better?

I looked at multiple "best of" lists from different sites and these brands aren't in the top 10. What makes them better? I mean, these ratings are made with hard spec comparisons.

He typed in "luxary PC" or some dumb shit but he doesn't understand CPU's, CPU's memory. He just like that it comes with a leather case and a silk keyboard. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    He typed in "luxary PC" or some dumb shit but he doesn't understand CPU's, CPU's memory. He just like that it comes with a leather case and a silk keyboard. :D

My IT guy mentioned these 2 places. Just look at the site, they're both known for building top notch gaming stuff.

Not looking to go crazy, but spending $1K on a desktop, I want to maximize my money, I'm not brand specific unless it's like HP or some shit like gateway

Comment

My IT guy mentioned these 2 places. Just look at the site, they're both known for building top notch gaming stuff.

Not looking to go crazy, but spending $1K on a desktop, I want to maximize my money, I'm not brand specific unless it's like HP or some shit like gateway

Just so you know. The top GPU's on the market are in the $1900 range. That's just the graphics card alone bro.

It's all about what's under the hood. That company is not giving you the best by any means. It's giving you average specs at 2x the cost.

Comment

Let me put it to you this way.

Nothing those companies you listed will play games @ 4k resolution @ 60 frames per second at full settings consistently.

Comment

Here Rado. This is the true "Ferrari" of the PC gaming world. $3k for just the GPU

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/titan/titan-v/

Comment

Somehow I don't think Rado is talking about the true Lambos of the gaming PC world. The ones with insane GPUs, overclocked to the gills with water cooling, etc. Those are going to cost multiple grand, that's why I didn't include them and pointed out more conventional choices.

Comment

Somehow I don't think Rado is talking about the true Lambos of the gaming PC world. The ones with insane GPUs, overclocked to the gills with water cooling, etc. Those are going to cost multiple grand, that's why I didn't include them and pointed out more conventional choices.

He said he wanted a gaming PC so I figured he wants good shit.

He already has PS4. To match PS4 graphics you need at minimum a $1200-1500 PC which is why PS4 is such good value.

To make it worth while I would think he'd want a PC more capable then PS4 which brings you up to the $2-3k range and higher if you want 4k @ 120fps full settings.

Comment

Working...
                              X