How To Bypass Every News Site With a Paywall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Bypass Every News Site With a Paywall

Since I started following markets heavily this past summer I've been starting my day by scanning financial/market news sites like WSJ, Bloomberg, Barron's, Financial TImes, etc.. looking for any news that may help me with trades.

Anyway, the problem with all these sites is that they all have pay walls that are on average $30 a month. It would be fine if there was 1 financial site that I could get all my info from I'd be glad to pay but that's never the case. I find myself getting different bits of valuable info from all the various news sites. There is no way I'm paying $30 a month for each individual site.

That leads me to the point of this thread. A browser extension called "outline". Once installed you simply go to which ever news site with a paywall that you are interested in, click the article and then press the little icon next to the url bar. It gives you the whole article in a clean easy to read format without ads. It's free and there is no limit to how many articles you can read. This works on my home laptop, not sure how it works on mobile.

I have tested the following sites and it works on all of them. If you were to pay for all of these it would cost roughly $170 a month lol.

www.wsj.com
    www.bloomberg.com
    www.barrons.com
    www.ft.com
    www.nytimes.com
    www.latimes.com

additionally if you don't want to install an extension and are just interested in a particular paywalled article just add "outline.com/" to the front of the url.

Comment

example.

here is the normal url, as you can see the article is completely blocked. you can't read anything without joining: http://www.ft.com/content/fdf2cf1e-3...b-2c7f526ca5d0

here is the same url with outline: http://outline.com/www.ft.com/conten...b-2c7f526ca5d0

Comment

Working...
      X