Almost lost the dog tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost lost the dog tonight

Wive has had this guy for 15 years..he's an old boy. He was choking on his food passed out.wife screamed.i run over dogs not breathing piss n shit all over n quivering. I cleared his airway..big wad of food I dug out of his throat. Then I started hitting his back when he finally coughed I started slightly pushing on his chest...second time I stopped to check..he was barely breathing.

Then I got him upright wedged him between two pillows so he couldn't lay over and rolled up a towel n order to keep his head up. Finally about 2 hours later he's alert...paying attention to movement looking n responding when called. He finally just got up n drank some water...looked like he was drunk as fuck but his motorskills are starting to work again.

Close call tonight...funny after he got his drink he wobbled by me and gave me that look...he was like..thanks asshole...lolo

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Good work brother. I have a soft spot for old dogs. Glad you helped him.

From now on mix a little water like 3-4 tbsp with his kibble. Helps them get the food down. My boxer was always choking on his kibble past 12 years old. The water completely fixed it.

Sent from my Moto G7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Job well done lipripper.

I'm sure you told your wife she owed you now right?

Yes I would have played that card. lol

Comment

Update...he ate a bit of tuna today.wouldnt touch anything else. Drinking water. Took a shit n pissed. Very larthargic. Alert at times and at other's eyes are open...but the lights aren't on..if ya know what I'm saying. Labored breathing.

Time will tell if he pulls thru..he took a hard hit...

Comment

poor old fella

Comment

This is so sad.

Wish him the best

Comment

He's doing a bit better today ate some food. Looks more like his usuall self..better for sure but not right. Good sign anyway..

Comment

Much improvement over last couple days..looking like himself.. eating good even trotted around outside. Looks like he's good.

Comment

Originally posted by lipripper View Post
                  Much improvement over last couple days..looking like himself.. eating good even trotted around outside. Looks like he's good.

Wouldn't have been such a long recovery if you would have acted quicker. Between this and the black fellar strolling all up in your house im starting to wonder about you bro. Quick draw McGraw bouncer woulda been on it lickity split!

It's probably your arthritis.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    Wouldn't have been such a long recovery if you would have acted quicker. Between this and the black fellar strolling all up in your house im starting to wonder about you bro. Quick draw McGraw bouncer woulda been on it lickity split!

It's probably your arthritis.

Lol. All good the little shit is still around...

Comment

Working...
                    X