X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best 4k Movies & Shows List

Best 4k Movies & Shows List

I know 4k isn't new but it's new to me so I'm excited about it. :D

Even though 4k has been out for years it's surprising to me how little everyday content there actually is. All network tv is still 720p or 1080p from what I understand. Though for big events like the super bowl I think 4k it available over the air if you have antenna.

Youtube has some good true uncompressed 4k and even 8k vids that show you the true clarity of 4k. But you can only watch so many videos of a camera moving through nature scenes.

That's where netflix comes in. They are the leader in 4k right now. Most of the titles I post will be from netflix. For those that don't know, you will need to get the "ultra HD" tier from netflix. It's like $3 more per month so it's definitely worth it if you have 4k. You will also need an Internet connection of 25mbps or faster. If you have slow Internet netflix will not display 4k content on your screen. 25mbps is the netflix cutoff point.

My List So Far

Planet Earth 2

Our Planet

The Highwaymen

Santa Clarita Diet

The Haunting of Hill House

The Crown

Roma

SaltFatAcidHeat (amazing cooking/travel show)

Narcos

Stranger Things

Ozark

Amazon prime also has some free 4k content. The Grand Tour and other Amazon orginals and an occasional movie. But even the upscalers for normal content makes it look better. I look at 1080p TV's and notice right away.

The big question is why do cable and satalite providers still have 100 SD channels in 480p?

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
      Amazon prime also has some free 4k content. The Grand Tour and other Amazon orginals and an occasional movie. But even the upscalers for normal content makes it look better. I look at 1080p TV's and notice right away.

The big question is why do cable and satalite providers still have 100 SD channels in 480p?
      you see the season 3 finale of grand tour? best episode they've ever down epic journey. hilarious. season 3 episode 13. watch!

Comment

No, I'm behind. Still haven't started it yet. Haven't seen much TV lately lol

Comment

Working...
        X