Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galaxy S10+ Too many compromises for the sky-high price

Conclusion:

I think when you are charging $900-$1,000 for an Android phone, you ought to be able to offer the whole smartphone package. But Samsung's cluttered software and its historic inability to deliver the latest functionality and security improvements in Android make the Galaxy S10 a tough sell at this ultra-premium price point. High prices come with high expectations. You'll have to accept a lot of compromises with the Galaxy S10, and I just don't see a reason to. When companies like OnePlus are offering a similar hardware experience with a superior software package, why would you spend $350 more for a Samsung phone?

The Good

Great battery life.

A beautiful display.

The new and speedy Qualcomm 855 SoC.

Better dark mode support than stock Android.

More reachable controls than stock Android.

The Bad

The hole-punch display design means the camera takes up more display real estate than it needs to.

A fragile glass back that is also a fingerprint magnet.

Five cameras that all turn in mediocre images.

The fingerprint reader could be faster. I actually think OnePlus' in-display reader is better.

With Samsung's update speed, expect to always be one version behind the latest Android release.

We aren't even getting up-to-date security patches on the unlocked version.

The Ugly

It is still shocking to pay $1,000 for a smartphone and get crapware and ads.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2019...ete-package/3/

Rado, you purchased this POS yet?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Rado, you purchased this POS yet?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
      LOLOL

Sent from my Moto G7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Unbelievable how fuckin expensive phones are getting. I had a Galaxy S8 international version that i wish i would of kept for the dual sim card slots it had. But needed the money at the time. I may need to check out the OnePlus's more. Just don't know which ones though. Hopefully someone can enlighten me [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by suraonyx23 View Post
          Unbelievable how fuckin expensive phones are getting. I had a Galaxy S8 international version that i wish i would of kept for the dual sim card slots it had. But needed the money at the time. I may need to check out the OnePlus's more. Just don't know which ones though. Hopefully someone can enlighten me [emoji16]
          Check out Moto G7.

https://www-zdnet-com.cdn.ampproject...ola-moto-g7%2F

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            Check out Moto G7.

Funny you mention this phone as i had been interested in the G6 when it came out last year. Thanks man ill check it out now!

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
              Check out Moto G7.

Thats a nice phone for sure. Crappy that the G7 Plus is not slated for the US. Since you seem to know quite a bit about phones, what is your opinion on the newer BlackBerry phones? Cuz i loved mine years ago, true story

Comment

Originally posted by suraonyx23 View Post
                Thats a nice phone for sure. Crappy that the G7 Plus is not slated for the US. Since you seem to know quite a bit about phones, what is your opinion on the newer BlackBerry phones? Cuz i loved mine years ago, true story
                nah you don't want a blackberry phone. not until they've proven themselves again. i wouldn't buy it unless i start seeing consistent reviews from trusted places.

Comment

Working...
                X