Oh what fun we had in the dark!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh what fun we had in the dark!

Since we have a gas wood burning oven, our restaurant stayed open till 3am, and word got around rather quickly, by 8pm we had a 2hr walk in wait for friggin pizza...I slept in the store, woke up to chaos, drove to the airport so my buisness partners could head on down to Miami, which I still dont think they have left...and I just got home bout an hr ago..Im gonna sleep till sunday

Bet you made some nice $$$.

Comment

we had no power for 21 hours here, and most of detroit still doesnt have power

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
        Bet you made some nice $$$.
        Indeed we did, but I dont think I could ever do another 12 hrs in those conditions again..I doubled all my employees hrly rates for those who stayed

Comment

:(

Comment

Originally posted by Doom
            Indeed we did, but I dont think I could ever do another 12 hrs in those conditions again..I doubled all my employees hrly rates for those who stayed
            can i work for you i will knock the power out daily.

Comment

We were out from the time it hit until around 10:15pm last night....power went out for one hour this afternoon, but it looks like it's gonna hold up now. How shit like this happens is beyond me. They have to reconfigure the grid, and the Canadian/US Governments should put their resources together and build a cluster of about ten mega-sized nuclear reactors somewhere in the Canadian north. We could get the inuit up there to allow it on thier land for a modest bribe, and have a power surplus that would allow as many as 3 stations to go down without causing the system to crash. I find it ridiculous that a civilization that is capable of travelling in space can't even generate adequate electricity!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doom
                You're a good man. :)

Comment

Working...
                X