Whole Foods - Ehh Not Impressed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whole Foods - Ehh Not Impressed

So we went to whole foods to get some good cheeses and other horderves for July 4th. Haven't been there in years because I like to always feel like I'm getting a good deal on something and whole foods just isn't the place to "get a deal" usually. But I had seen something about amazon prime member deals for all kinds of stuff at whole foods.

We also needed to get a few basic groceries like coffee creamer, chicken, fruit, veggies and few other random things. Anyway, we check out and the total is around $200 for like 15 items. I say to myself "damn that's a bit pricey but never fear I'm about to scan my amazon prime membership and get a great discount!"

.40 fucking cents. that's the amazon prime members discount. world's richest man and that's the discount that ugly mother fucker gives to his customers.

Add to that some of the fruit we got was not great. Not impressed at all.

The quality of the produce is fantastic there. Especially leafy green vegetables and fruit. And there's always some weird stuff there that you some get anywhere else. But other than that, yeah, you are better off shopping at a regular grocery store like WinCo or Safeway. My rule of thumb is that if it is the identical packaged item, say a box of cereal or a tube of toothpaste, get it at WinCo. If it is something unique, like a type of exotic cheese, then you'll probably do better at Whole Foods. But there's no denying the freshness and quality of their fruits and veggies.

Comment

Working...
    X