Lost Soldier and WW2 Relics Found In Swamp - Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Soldier and WW2 Relics Found In Swamp - Video

This has become probably my favorite youtube channel. Some people may find it boring but for some reason I find this kind of stuff fascinating. To think these things have sat for 70+ years untouched from the second the soldier was killed is just amazing to me.

Basically these Russian guys go to places where major WW2 battles were fought all over russia. They have metal detectors, swamp magnets, water suits etc..

In this vid they find a soldier and the items he was carrying when he died.

The newer vids have better subtitles. Just make sure you turn them on. Some of the older vids have no subs.

bump, this channel is nuts. unbelievable amount of Russian soldiers killed during ww2 just dropped where they stood and never searched for until now, 74 years later..

Comment

stuff they find in lakes and rivers is amazing. russia is such a large land mass that this shit just sits untouched.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SyGvziX.png
Views:	73
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	989587

Click image for larger version  Name:	4DNV51S.png Views:	0 Size:	1.44 MB ID:	989585
      Click image for larger version  Name:	9X7ozaU.png Views:	0 Size:	1.60 MB ID:	989584

Comment

Pretty cool stuff..imagine the amount of this that's out there...crazy

Comment

Taking a look

Comment

Comment

I'll be fucking pissed if I was a family member of one of those soldiers and there were a bunch of YouTube chuckleheads running around, collecting bones and remains like that last photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                I'll be fucking pissed if I was a family member of one of those soldiers and there were a bunch of YouTube chuckleheads running around, collecting bones and remains like that last photo.
                actually watch the video. they do their best to return the remains to family. they catalog everything and treat it with the utmost respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                  what you have to understand is many times the family never knew what happened to their loved ones. they simply never came home and that was it. they didn't even get a burial. they simply lay right where they were killed. be it on the ground or in a swamp. i don't see what you find so disrespectful.

Comment

I wouldn't want their remains to be disturbed, regardless of where they lay, unless it was done formally in combination with DNA testing to repatriate them to relatives. Otherwise, let them be at peace wherever they are.

Comment

Oh boy.....

Comment

new vid. Soldier found in a minefield... swamp excavations.

Comment

Working...
                        X