Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess how much this apartment rents for in San Francisco...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess how much this apartment rents for in San Francisco...

Click image for larger version

Name:	hww1atG.png
Views:	74
Size:	499.0 KB
ID:	991429

It’s no secret that Bay Area living is expensive, so much so that many people are leaving or coming up with some very creative solutions. If you’ve ever searched for a new apartment online, you’ve undoubtedly come across a place where the images make your jaw drop at the photos and price — and NOT in a good way. Welcome to our new series we’re calling, “Guess how much this rents for in San Francisco.” We estimate this series will go on for, well, forever, because there are no signs the bubble will burst.

The 156-square-foot private cabin appears to have been erected in someone's backyard.

It has a full-sized refrigerator and a microwave, but no oven or stove. Despite the lack of appliances, there is plenty of kitchen storage.

A lofted area above the kitchen and bathroom has space for a queen bed, according to the listing.

The bathroom doesn't appear to have a door, so forget any privacy if you're having guests over. You'll have to wash your hands and brush your teeth at the sink in the kitchen area.

The listing says the rent includes all utilities, including Wi-Fi.

It also says "dog allowed maybe," so you may be able to bring your furry friend along.

The apartment is located within walking distance from CCSF, so at least it’s close to BART and other public transit.

Grocery stores and restaurants are also within walking distance.

No deposit is required, but "references, good credit would be helpful."

And this one goes for ... drumroll ... $1200/month!

In 2018, Zumper reported the median rent of a studio in San Francisco at $2,538, so by those standards, it’s a steal.

Fuck Cali...

Comment

Surprised it's that cheap. No bathroom door isn't a problem there, there's shit all over the streets so they're used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Klesk View Post
        No bathroom door isn't a problem there, there's shit all over the streets so they're used to it.
        hahah

Comment

Fuck that. Lived north of S.F. in a little town called Petaluma from 1990-1992. It was crazy even back then. Surprised the listing didn't say anything about smoking cigs. When I was there, some owners/listings flat out said, "no smoking."

Comment

Probably will be full time in CA by mid next year. Can't wait. Place is freaking amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              Probably will be full time in CA by mid next year. Can't wait. Place is freaking amazing.
              many amazing things about cali for sure, i enjoy it everyday. but major problems as well scrum. the homeless problem has exploded since I've been here.

Comment

I have my thoughts on the causes and fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                  I have my thoughts on the causes and fixes.
                  i've seen them digging out of trashcans and i've heard them talking to themselves etc..

from what i see, most of these these people are absolute mental cases. serious mental problems that don't appear to me to be fixable. The amount of money and time it would take to fix these people would have to be astronomical. It would have to literally be a complete relearning of life in general. Instead of them walking around mental institutions they are now walking around California.

I've lived all over the country including big cities as you know. I've never seen anything like it is out here.

Comment

Working...
                  X