Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

William Bonac Defends The Modern Bodybuilder In Light Of Ronnie Coleman Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Bonac Defends The Modern Bodybuilder In Light Of Ronnie Coleman Comments

Bodybuilding legend Ronnie Coleman has been pretty critical of the condition of the sport today. Well, William Bonac heard these comments, and he has fired back. Bonac is one of the best bodybuilders competing in the world today. Winner of the Arnold Classic, and Mr. Olympia runner up, he is a great competitor. In fact, he has even been considered to be the future of the sport.

Therefore, it comes as no surprise that Bonac was unhappy when he heard what Ronnie Coleman had to say recently. The 8-time winner of the Olympia was quite critical of the sport, and the way it is today. According to him, the quality of the athletes is much lower today, than in his hey-day. In fact, what he said was that nobody from this generation of competitors would not even make it in the top five when he was competing.

“I still don’t think that he should say that, you know?” Bonac said. “Especially coming from that kind of man, with a status like Ronnie. He’s the GOAT, and he did a great job. Of course, (he has) free speech, but sometimes you got to be careful with the words that you bring out.”

“Like I said, it’s a different era,” William Bonac continued. “Like Brandon (Curry), if Brandon was in his era, he would have done maybe the same thing that they did. Brandon could have come even better, Brandon could have won the Olympia nine times, instead of eight times. So it’s a different era. If Ronnie came in our era, he would step up to our game. If the guys, like he says, don’t train hard enough, he wouldn’t train hard enough. Why would he, because nobody’s training hard enough.”

“It’s his opinion, and I don’t agree with it,” Bonac went on. “Not just because I’m in this era. I love back in the old school. I love it. If you want to go that way, look at all those guys. People say ‘look at the standard guts,’ and blah blah blah, but really? Go back in time. I see a lot of those guys with a big belly.”

“People will always say their era was the best,” Bonac concluded. “They will always say that. Of course, they want to leave as legends, so they will always say that. A true champion wouldn’t put a feather up in his a–. He would let other people put a feather up in his a–. So he would let other people talk about him, how great he is. He won’t say how great he is.”

He's basically saying if Ronnie was in the current era he wouldn't work as hard. LMAO

Comment

Working...
    X