Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hall To Fight Hafthor Bjornsson (Thor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eddie Hall To Fight Hafthor Bjornsson (Thor)

Click image for larger version

Name:	oL1Qib4.png
Views:	75
Size:	518.1 KB
ID:	993543

When two of the literally strongest guys on Earth are in a feud, their inevitable confrontation is going to be something you want to see. Back in 2017, incumbent title holder Hafthor Björnsson (aka The Mountain) said he felt "robbed" by British lifter Eddie Hall's victory at World's Strongest Man, calling out the referees and saying: "The integrity of my beloved sport is in question." More than two years later, it seems the two strongmen are getting ready to squash that beef once and for all.

In a recent Q&A on his YouTube channel, Hall spoke about the possibility of a fight with Björnsson, and while we might not be seeing that clash of the titans this year, it's definitely going to happen sooner or later.

"He thinks he'd beat me in a fight," Hall said, before bursting out laughing. "He mocked my size, he said I'm a little man, 380 pounds. Buddy, that was a big mistake, man... I was the same size when I beat you at World's Strongest Man, and I'll be the same size when I beat you in the ring, so there's no difference there."

He added that their beef isn't personal, and said that he would want their grudge match to be conducted in as "gentlemanly" a manner as possible. "I don't dislike Thor, I don't hate Thor, I've got no agenda to fight Thor, but I feel as though there is a demand there, I feel like the fans want to see it," he said. "I quite agree with Thor, if he wants to finish off what he wants to do in Strongman, and then take a bit of time out and train for it, he says he wants a year to train for it, that's fine, I'm ready to go now, not a problem. So I'm happy to work on his terms. There's no hard feelings, we'll be very gentlemanly about it, if he wants to take his time and train and set something up for 2021 maybe, then let's do it."

"I can honestly say I don't hate someone enough to take time out of my year to train and fight somebody for nothing," he continued. "I feel like we've got to get our heads together and make this financially beneficial for both of us, and I think the strongman world and the world themselves want to see two World's Strongest Man go head to head in the ring. I think it'll be phenomenal. Who's the alpha, you know? The Beast vs. Thor, who's going to come out on top? Thor, it's on buddy. Get your gloves ready."

I would pay to watch that match.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
    X