The Superbowl Will Be In 4k For The First Time Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Superbowl Will Be In 4k For The First Time Ever

You will need a few things to get it though. It won't be broadcast in 4k over the normal fox channel. You need to have the fox sports app installed on a smartv or certain devices..

I can't find the fox sports app on my LG SmartTV so I'm not sure what's up. I'm still trying to figure it out. I'll update if I find anything. May have to signup for fubotv just to see the superbowl in 4k. lol.

Let me know if you guys figure out a way and which method you will use.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/1/30/2...-roku-apple-tv

Is OTA in 4K? I get a decent Fox signal and I have an antenna set up since I dropped cable. My TCL TV has Roku buit-in, but I read that Roku dropped the Fox app recently, so no dice there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Is OTA in 4K? I get a decent Fox signal and I have an antenna set up since I dropped cable. My TCL TV has Roku buit-in, but I read that Roku dropped the Fox app recently, so no dice there.
      Nope it's not, not yet. They are deploying those systems soon but not yet. Also, any tv built before 2020 doesn't have a 4k OTA tuner. They are only just being made now. None of our sets have them.

the bad new is, even when your local networks start broadcasting 4k OTA you will never be able to receive the signal with your current set.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

here scrum, built in 4k tuners are on their way now.

https://www.cnet.com/news/next-gen-t...ing-this-year/

Comment

I ended up signing up for the 7 day free trial of fubotv. Let's hope the 4k stream is stable. I'm sure a billion people are doing the same as me.

Comment

How's the 4K stream? I'm just watching it on the Fox Sports Roku app. Decent HD quality but I don't think it's 4K.

Comment

How's the 4K stream? I'm just watching it on the Fox Sports Roku app. Decent HD quality but I don't think it's 4K.
              It looked fine but not better than good 1080p. Looked nothing like the true 4k stuff on YouTube.

Scrum watch some of the 4k drone stuff on YouTube and sit close to your tv. It's unbelievable the clarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                It looked fine but not better than good 1080p. Looked nothing like the true 4k stuff on YouTube.

Scrum watch some of the 4k drone stuff on YouTube and sit close to your tv. It's unbelievable the clarity.

I get that clarity when I download my GoPro vids and play them back on YouTube.

Shit is unreal

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X