Mr. Olympia and Muscle & Fitness Has Been Sold Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Olympia and Muscle & Fitness Has Been Sold Off

This story is being reported as some sort of good news using slogans like "bringing the Olympia back to the fans"... Hopefully that's true but this has clearly been a failing business for years. Flex Mag got shut down in 2018 and they've piled on the debt ever since. American Media bought the brand in 2002 for $350 million from the Weiders. The recent sale has been rumored to be way less than half of that price...

From Dan Solomon via Facebook -

It’s 5am here in New York...and I’m not even sure where to begin. The series of events that led to yesterday’s announcement are the latest evidence that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. The gentleman in this photo is Jake Wood, a powerhouse achiever in the business world. But more importantly, one of the most passionate and authentic bodybuilding advocates on the planet. For those who haven’t heard, we completed a deal yesterday making Jake the owner of Joe Weider’s Olympia along with a media portfolio that includes Muscle & Fitness. Prior to yesterday, there had been only 2 owners in the 55 year history of the Olympia. Putting this deal together was a true labor of love....a triumph for everyone united by a love of fitness and bodybuilding. We are now positioned to further elevate the sport and bring people together, two objectives that have unified Jake and I since we first met a decade ago. The future is extremely bright. The schedule is loaded with some incredible events, starting with today’s Amateur Olympia in Colombia and next month’s Arnold Classic in Columbus. — I have a lot more to share with you guys, but for now I just want to thank a few people.

The Manion Family: None of this happens without your friendship, leadership and support.

My Olympia Family: I get to work every single day with the most dedicated team in the industry.

Everyone at AMI: The last 17 months have been the greatest learning experience of my life. Never easy, but worth it.

Jake’s team in Arizona: You guys are the embodiment of true passion.

Members of the Media: Thanks for keeping it real. The good, the bad, and the ugly. We’re all in this together.

An extra special thanks to all the athletes, past and present, who make the Olympia a true symbol of achievement, especially those of you who work so hard to spread a positive message. You know who you are...and it never goes unnoticed.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Vegas this September. Our plans are BIG....you’re not gonna want to miss it.

Sending love & gratitude to everyone who has reached out.

Grateful Always,

Dan
Working...
X