Xbox Series X and PS5 Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox Series X and PS5 Thread

New consoles coming out this holiday season 2020. Expected price is in the $500 range. Xbox Series X is the more powerful of the 2.

I've been a PlayStation fella since I was a kid but I will probably make the jump to Xbox for the upcoming generation.

-----------

Xbox Series X Hands On and Gameplay:

----------

PS5 Isn't as powerful as Xbox Series X:

I said I would never buy another game system. I just don't have the free time to play. However I'm having a surgery at the end of the year and I will have some down time. I may consider it again.

Comment

Fuck those consoles.

I'm getting both

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Comment

This is incredible.

Unreal engine 5 running on PlayStation 5.

Comment

Digital Foundry reaction and review of the recent PS5 Demo. Next Gen is here peeps!

Comment

technically this is not next gen as it's a current gen game but you know damn well this game will be released on PS5 with upgraded graphics.

Last Of Us 2 Tech Review

Comment

Horizon Forbidden West PS5 Trailer Analysis:

Comment

Few more months bouncer! You and I going back to our gaming days again but this time with the new consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by BEAST View Post
                  Few more months bouncer! You and I going back to our gaming days again but this time with the new consoles.

Comment

This is next gen console gameplay?

Ehh, Call me unimpressed... Looks like current gen games..

Comment

You fuckers ready!?

The Xbox Series X is priced at $499, and the Xbox Series S will be available at $299. Preorders will start at 11AM ET / 8AM PT on September 22nd at Amazon, Target, Walmart, Best Buy, Costco, Sam’s Club, Gamestop, Newegg, and Army and Airforce Exchange Service.

Sony’s PlayStation 5 will launch on November 12th in the US starting at $399.99. That price will get you the digital edition of the console that doesn’t have a Blu-ray disc drive. If you want a disc drive for playing disc-based PS5 games, 4K Blu-ray movies, and PS4 games that may end up being compatible, there’s a larger version of the console that has that for $499.

Comment

"Xbox Series X may go down in history as one of the most remarkable machines ever made—as compared to other products in its era, power level, and price."

---------------

Xbox Series X unleashed: Our unrestricted preview

If you'd like to estimate Microsoft's confidence in its upcoming Xbox Series X console, start with the fact that the company gave us a console three weeks ago... and didn't hang around to see what we'd do with it.

That's not how cutting-edge hardware previews tend to work. There are supposed to be multiday events! And corporate handlers! And finger sandwiches! But mostly, there's supposed to be control on the manufacturer's part, in terms of swapping in new hardware or addressing failures the moment something might go wrong for a prospective critic. At such events, staffers may as well wear shirts that read, "We're still working the kinks out on that."

Obviously, the massive, in-person events didn't happen this year. So what do you do as the industry's game-console underdog in order to convince people that your $500 console is better than the other $500 console? One of Microsoft's answers, apparently, was to drive a truck full of "PROTOTYPE"-labeled Xbox Series X consoles to critics' homes far earlier than we expected.

Today, after a few preliminary articles, I've finally been given the go-ahead to preview anything about the console that I want. (Not "review," "preview.")

From what I've tested so far, the company has good reason to be confident about this quiet, efficient hardware. Unless I'm missing something huge—even Red Rings needed longer than 22 days to manifest—my hardware experience has so far been quite smooth. As a computing device, Xbox Series X may go down in history as one of the most remarkable machines ever made—as compared to other products in its era, power level, and price.

But a piece of hardware is only as good as the software that it runs. While Microsoft has good reason to be confident about Xbox Series X as a big, honkin' box in your living room, the same can't be said for the range of software we've seen thus far. There's a lot to talk about with this console, so strap in as we jump from topic to topic and break down what a $499 gaming console can offer in 2020.

Full Preview: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/...icted-preview/

Comment

Pre-ordered few weeks ago. Bought an Oled last week for thos 120 hz...
                          Huge difference!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                              Pre-ordered few weeks ago. Bought an Oled last week for thos 120 hz...
                              Huge difference!

We will be getting both consoles and awaiting for my Odyssey G9 Gaming Monitor to arrive... 240hz baby! I've already gotten my digital storm PC.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X