Anybody else work graveyard shifts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else work graveyard shifts?

For the most part they arent bad, but damn I miss the sun! That and my eyes are so accustom to the dark now that headlights from on coming traffic make me squint...I need to get to Miami...

24hr shifts

Comment

Re: Anybody else work graveyard shifts?

Originally posted by Doom
      I need to get to Miami...
      thats were i will be living after the new year. come on down sucka... :cool:

Comment

I always work odd shifts...it takes some getting used to....

Comment

not me, thank god

Comment

I did work 4 pm until 2 am for 2 yrs (45 min drive to work and home) was hard to adapt..

I got home at 2:45 am have to shower, eat, calm down and hop on boards and check my earlier posts, stayed up late many nights.

I eventuly got into a decent schedule going to bed by 4 am or 5 am and getting up at 10:am going to gym and swimming at 12:00 pm until about 2:00 pm and would have about an hr online to post before work...

It would catch up by friday night I came home exhausted and sllep in most of saturday.

Was crazy schedule to adapt to but I left job about 5 months ago.

Sorry to rant take a while to adapt took me about 6 months.

O and I pulled over by cops many many times for no reason other than not many on the backroads I took and was a pin in the ass.

I always had dirt on hands and workbadge ready to show along with id and insurance was very well prepared for the drill.

I never carried noting illegal at night other than a few pills I could swallow.
            Last edited by DangerousGround; 08-19-03, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DangerousGround
              I did work 4 pm until 2 am for 2 yrs (45 min drive to work and home) was hard to adapt..

I got home at 2:45 am have to shower, eat, calm down and hop on boards and check my earlier posts, stayed up late many nights.

I eventuly got into a decent schedule going to bed by 4 am or 5 am and getting up at 10:am going to gym and swimming at 12:00 pm until about 2:00 pm and would have about an hr online to post before work...

It would catch up by friday night I came home exhausted and sllep in most of saturday.

Was crazy schedule to adapt to but I left job about 5 months ago.

Sorry to rant take a while to adapt took me about 6 months.
              yah, that would be tough man

Comment

I'm on 24 hour call all week long and they always call at night right after I go to bed. It sucks for sure.

Comment

Re: Re: Anybody else work graveyard shifts?

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                  thats were i will be living after the new year. come on down sucka... :cool:
                  christ I gotta share a city with you...lol

I'll be there in Oct...hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by sngldad66
                    I'm on 24 hour call all week long and they always call at night right after I go to bed. It sucks for sure.

what do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by Gongshow
                      what do you do?
                      I install and service computers on oil drilling rigs.

Comment

ahh ok...hows that for ya?? lol

Comment

The work is easy but the hours suck. These guys think they cant drill for oil or gas without a computer. But the money is not to bad.

Comment

cool cool man....

Comment

4pm unitl 4 am mon-fri......I don't feel human anymore....

Comment

Working...
                              X