Good Deeds For The Poor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Deeds For The Poor

We drink a lot of carbonated water and diet soda. Both cans and bottles.

We been collecting the cans we use for awhile instead of tossing them in trash we take them to a recycling bin. We keep them in a big bag in the patio closet until the bag fills up.

Well today I was walking my dog early in the morning around 6ish and I saw a little boy and his mom going through the apartment dumpsters looking for cans.

I realized I had 3 full trash bags of cans in the closet so I brought them out to them. You might have thought I gave them gold. The lady was so happy she started crying no shit.

Gave me a different perspective. Shame the situation people find themselves in.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Bro, income inequality in this country is the w orst in the developed world. Hasn't been this bad since the roaring 20s.

​Here's a graph to ponder:

Click image for larger version

Name:	inequality.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	998554
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Scrumhalf; 05-08-20, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I can't get the link to the graph to work scrum

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        I can't get the link to the graph to work scrum
        Check again, bro. I posted a graph as a picture instead of a link. It shows up on my browser.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post

Check again, bro. I posted a graph as a picture instead of a link. It shows up on my browser.
          i think part of the problem with poverty in america and the world in general is that after awhile we see them as numbers and graphs. we hear the news and we see charts like these but the problem continues to grow and we all just sort of become numb to it.

it's different though when you see a little boy and his mom digging through the trash trying to avoid being seen early in the morning. when it's put right in front of you it's so much more powerful. she wasn't standing out in traffic with a sign begging. she was digging through the garbage early in the morning trying to avoid the embarrassment. that hit me in a different way compared to the bums with signs and a coin cup that we've all seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
            We drink a lot of carbonated water and diet soda. Both cans and bottles.

We been collecting the cans we use for awhile instead of tossing them in trash we take them to a recycling bin. We keep them in a big bag in the patio closet until the bag fills up.

Well today I was walking my dog early in the morning around 6ish and I saw a little boy and his mom going through the apartment dumpsters looking for cans.

I realized I had 3 full trash bags of cans in the closet so I brought them out to them. You might have thought I gave them gold. The lady was so happy she started crying no shit.

Gave me a different perspective. Shame the situation people find themselves in.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

That’s what life is all about brother. Most of us are truly blessed with way more than most. When you see the smile (in your case tears) when you give to someone that cannot repay you, it’s the best feeling in the world!

Comment

Working...
            X