Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airlines are averaging 23 passengers per plane and losing $400 million a day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airlines are averaging 23 passengers per plane and losing $400 million a day.

Even as Delta and the other major airlines in the United States dramatically slash schedules, they are averaging an anemic 23 passengers on each domestic flight and losing $350 million to $400 million a day as expenses like payroll, rent and aircraft maintenance far exceed the money they are bringing in. Passenger traffic is down about 94 percent and half of the industry’s 6,215 planes are parked at major airports and desert airstrips, according to Airlines for America, a trade group.

Full Story: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/10/b...?smid=tw-share

Once this is over the economic fallout is going to be at least as bad as the great depression.
    That's why I want sure I agreed with just shutting down the economy for something that is fatal in only 3% of cases. If J, personally, had to choose between being completely sheltered from a disease fatal 3% of the time while possibly loosing everything I had financially there is no way I would have chose that. That is the position too many people are in. They will be alive but have nothing. Anyone who thinks the government is going to assist these people to any meaningful degree is dreaming.

Thing I really hate the most is the people making the decisions, to do this, know there will be no repercussions for them or their families. The governors are not going to be destitute because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by pgc640 View Post
      Once this is over the economic fallout is going to be at least as bad as the great depression.
      That's why I want sure I agreed with just shutting down the economy for something that is fatal in only 3% of cases. If J, personally, had to choose between being completely sheltered from a disease fatal 3% of the time while possibly loosing everything I had financially there is no way I would have chose that. That is the position too many people are in. They will be alive but have nothing. Anyone who thinks the government is going to assist these people to any meaningful degree is dreaming.

Thing I really hate the most is the people making the decisions, to do this, know there will be no repercussions for them or their families. The governors are not going to be destitute because of this.
      You're right. I can absolutely see the number of dead from the economic destruction being greater in terms of human lives than the virus itself.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

$2K per person per month until this passes. Bernie and others are pushing for it, but not sure pols who are bitches for capitalists will do it. Fat cats want people desperate to work for the man even if it kills them.

Comment

Let me add that you can't pay me enough to fly right now. Screw breathing that recycled air for hours with a bunch of other potential covid-positive people.

Comment

Working...
          X