SpaceX Human Launch - Elon Musk Is the Hero America Deserves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpaceX Human Launch - Elon Musk Is the Hero America Deserves

This guy is hugely underappreciated. He a modern day Edison/Tesla/Westinghouse/Eisntein all trapped into one. One of the greatest geniuses of all time.

If all goes well, on May 27 two American astronauts, Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley, will ride in a Tesla electric car to a Florida launchpad, hop out, and then climb into the nose of a Falcon 9 rocket built by Elon Musk’s SpaceX. They’ll strap in before a bank of superslick touchscreens, as opposed to a Cold War-era clutter of buttons and knobs. The rocket will blast off at 4:33 p.m. EDT and dock with the International Space Station about 19 hours later. It will be the first privately built rocket and capsule ever to put humans into space, as well as the first time in almost a decade that an American spacecraft will ferry Americans into space from American soil.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...?sref=B8NrNGlP

Open your eyes, look up to the skies...

Comment

RETURNING HUMAN SPACEFLIGHT TO THE UNITED STATES

SpaceX is targeting Wednesday, May 27 for Falcon 9’s launch of Crew Dragon’s second demonstration (Demo-2) mission from Launch Complex 39A (LC-39A) at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida. This test flight with NASA astronauts Bob Behnken and Doug Hurley on board the Dragon spacecraft will return human spaceflight to the United States.

The instantaneous launch window opens at 4:33 p.m. EDT, or 20:33 UTC, with backup instantaneous launch opportunities available on Saturday, May 30 at 3:22 p.m. EDT, or 19:22 UTC, and on Sunday, May 31 at 3:00 p.m. EDT, or 19:00 UTC. Tune in here to watch the launch webcast. Coverage will begin about 4 hours before liftoff.

Demo-2 is the final major test for SpaceX’s human spaceflight system to be certified by NASA for operational crew missions to and from the International Space Station. SpaceX is returning human spaceflight to the United States with one of the safest, most advanced systems ever built, and NASA’s Commercial Crew Program is a turning point for America’s future in space exploration that lays the groundwork for future missions to the Moon, Mars, and beyond.

Comment

Launch schedualed for 4:30 pm eastern. Live stream here: https://www.spacex.com/launches/

Comment

20 minutes away. America can be proud again. Fuck having to depend on Russia

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

SpaceX, NASA to try again for landmark launch of two astronauts from Florida

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKBN2360D2

Comment

Win some lose some....

Comment

Saw the launch live. Pretty cool!

Now, lets try to make the country worthy of this amazing accomplishment.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                  Saw the launch live. Pretty cool!

Now, lets try to make the country worthy of this amazing accomplishment.
                  Our existence cannot just be about solving one miserable problem after another. There need to be reasons to live, There needs to be reasons to get up in the morning. There needs to be reasons to look forward towards the future and dream...

- Elon Musk

scrum when we landed on the moon summer of 69 the same shit was going on. race issues, poverty, famine etc.. those same exact issues have plagued humanity for our entire existence. it's ashame but it's just the way it is. maybe we will improve maybe we won't. i say this as respectfully as i can but i get kinda tired of people always trying to dampen great achievements by saying something along the lines of what you said above. let us dream, let us be proud, let us reach for the stars without a god damn anchor of worry and misery.

Comment

I said it was a great achievement.

And I said let's make America a better place too.

What's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
                      I said it was a great achievement.

And I said let's make America a better place too.

What's the problem?
                      How about it's a great achievement period. What does one have to do with another...

It's a bit like "hey son, congratulations on your graduation but don't forget about animal abuse". Like wtf lol? Why you gotta try and dampen his day reminding him of something ugly that's really got nothing to do with anything. Lol

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X