No gym quarantine pros and cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gym quarantine pros and cons

Cons- Lost muscle mass obviously. Especially the shoulders.
    BF went up
    High cortisol due to high intensity workouts.

Pros- more rest, working out outside, IE running, body workouts.
    Appreciate the nature more besides the pollen

What are your pros and cons?

Do I miss the gym? Not really

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

there are no pros for me. i do all the pro's like nature and all that while the the gym is open.. so it's not like i'm doing more of that now that I'm not in the gym.

the gym has always been my therapy. has always calmed me down. so i struggle without it. while I enjoy nature and being outside it does not replace what the gym does for my mindset. so i'm definitely struggling without it.

the one thing I have started doing is reading more. i have a mini library forming. I've read 3 books and have 6-7 more to go. i like biographies of great/successful people. i figure if i can pick up just a fraction of a fraction of their habits/thought process then I will be a much better version of myself. i got biographies on Dalio, Buffet, Lee Kuan Yew, Bob Iger, Steve Jobs, Napoleon, Ben Franklin, and Da Vinci.

if nothing else, I should be a smart feller after this whole thing!

Comment

PS I would have said a posative is recovery of maybe old injuries and stuff like that. But any rest and recovery I needed has been accomplished. I don't need anymore. If anything the lack of pump has me feeling more aches and pains than if I was in the gym with blood flowing.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

All cons no pros here too.

Even with a decent home gym its nowhere near the same and has been a fucking struggle.

Gym reopened this week though, been back in three days so far. Sore as shit and happy as can be.

We'll see how long it stays open.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          there are no pros for me. i do all the pro's like nature and all that while the the gym is open.. so it's not like i'm doing more of that now that I'm not in the gym.

the gym has always been my therapy. has always calmed me down. so i struggle without it. while I enjoy nature and being outside it does not replace what the gym does for my mindset. so i'm definitely struggling without it.

the one thing I have started doing is reading more. i have a mini library forming. I've read 3 books and have 6-7 more to go. i like biographies of great/successful people. i figure if i can pick up just a fraction of a fraction of their habits/thought process then I will be a much better version of myself. i got biographies on Dalio, Buffet, Lee Kuan Yew, Bob Iger, Steve Jobs, Napoleon, Ben Franklin, and Da Vinci.

if nothing else, I should be a smart feller after this whole thing!
          So are you a millionaire yet?

Comment

I agree. I need it again, but I think i will spend few days a week than the average 5,6 times a week.
            My life is pretty much quarantine with the exception no gym.
            So it was no difference for me

Comment

Originally posted by decadecadeca View Post
              All cons no pros here too.

Even with a decent home gym its nowhere near the same and has been a fucking struggle.

Gym reopened this week though, been back in three days so far. Sore as shit and happy as can be.

We'll see how long it stays open.
              Same here. They opened some gyms yesterday, but it take a while to get back on my rhythm and god knows the protocols now.

Comment

They're running 50% capacity, temperature checks at door and spraying everything down every 30 minutes.

No mask or gloves needed except for staff.

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                  Same here. They opened some gyms yesterday, but it take a while to get back on my rhythm and god knows the protocols now.

I'm not sure I'm willing to jump through the hoops to get back in the gym. I will probably just wait until things are back to full speed. I expect that could be awhile.

Comment

Working...
                  X