Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
    Bouncer, did you read Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee yet? This idiocy that just happened at Mt. Rushmore jogged my memory.
    i haven't but i will now.

Comment

Bouncer, did you read Bury my Heart at Wounded Knee yet? This idiocy that just happened at Mt. Rushmore jogged my memory.
      Why is there not a fucken hardback version? I'm building my little library of books and there is something I really like about hardbacks. It's not a necessity I get it but god damn it that's what I want.

https://www.amazon.com/Bury-My-Heart.../dp/0805086846

Comment

This book was unbelievably good. The journey those men took and everything they went through is just absolutely amazing. She's a great author. My favorite book to date, had a hard time putting it down.
        Attached Files

Comment

Both are good books. I haven't read the Leonardo book yet
          just about finished the Leonardo book. unbelievable. i went into this book thinking I knew the basics on him, i didn't. we all know he was a talented genius but that's not what defines him, that's not what made him so amazing. what made him so incredible was his unbelievable curiosity. he was relentlessly curious about everything. it's really a shame he didn't publish his countless findings. he was 300 years ahead of his time and many of his discoveries in his private notebooks had to be rediscovered centuries later because he never cared to make anything public. his studies on the human body and what he went through with dissection and rotting corpses is just unbelievable. read the book scrum. just stop everything and read the book.

Comment

Finished the Leonardo book (amazing) now onto my next one. Never read so much in my life. Lol

Comment

I'm gonna be the smartest mother fucker in all the lands...

Comment

While everyone is complaining of the pandemic, smoke and fires, heat waves, etc... I'm busy becoming the most knowledgeable human to have ever lived! :D

Comment

the Ben Franklin book is excellent.
                  about half way through. amazing book about an amazing man. i didn't quite realize how funny he was. the way he trolled other printers and publishers cracked me up.

his giving up on conquering his unchecked pride by coming to the conclusion that once he thought he had finally got it under control he found himself so full of pride that he finally gave up on trying to get it under control. LMFAO. i never actually LOL'd at a book but that one did it.

Comment

I am among the world's most preeminent thinkers and cultivated readers of our day....

to put it simply, I've become a genius in 2020. I've achieved a level of intellectual brilliance that few could ever contemplate.

when the gym was taken away from me I simply turned my attention to the furtherance of my advanced mind. what has been achieved is nothing short of next level...

Comment

See, a few years ago, when I recommended some books to you, you said that you can't read and it's too hard for you to focus, as opposed to, say, watching a documentary.

I'm glad that you are proving yourself wrong. Are you purchasing these books or borrowing them from the library?
                      ​​​​​​

Comment

See, a few years ago, when I recommended some books to you, you said that you can't read and it's too hard for you to focus, as opposed to, say, watching a documentary.

I'm glad that you are proving yourself wrong. Are you purchasing these books or borrowing them from the library?
                        ​​​​​​

Amazon. But I select the "more sellers" option and buy the "very good condition" from book stores across the nation. Most of the books I get for $10-$15 bucks, if I had bought new and direct from amazon would be $35-$50 per book. Most of the books come in perfect condition. I've only received 2 that had some light wear on the cover. The hamilton one had a little wear.

I've read about half the books I've purchased so far. I'll finish the Franklin book today. Last chapter.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Comment

By the way scrum. I still like me some documentaries. PBS and Smithsonian Channel are my shit! The most recent NOVA about the origins of the Alphabet is top notch.

Comment

Started this one the other day. Amazing book so far. Scrum might wanna check this one out. It's non-fiction but it reads like fiction. Epic adventure going back thousands of years right up until modern day. A very easy and fun read. I've been alternating between the extensive biographies and books like this that almost serve as a bit of a break from the heavy reading. The Ben Franklin book was very good. Learned a lot. Amazing man. But by the time I was done I was glad to be finished let's just put it that way.

Comment

That's the city the found in the jungle in Guatemala or something, right?

Comment

That's the city the found in the jungle in Guatemala or something, right?
                                Honduras

Comment

Working...
                                X