Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Cases Could Prompt Supreme Court to Bolster Second Amendment

Just in time for the riots, everyone can carry in public! :D

The U.S. Supreme Court could act as soon as Monday on an array of calls to consider expanding gun rights, including appeals that seek a nationwide right to carry a handgun in public.

The justices are considering a list of 10 appeals that would bolster constitutional firearm protections -- something that, to the frustration of gun-rights advocates, the court has repeatedly refused to do for the last decade. With new Justice Brett Kavanaugh calling for the court to schedule a new Second Amendment case soon, the balance may be poised to tip.

In addition to appeals on public handgun possession, two cases call for the constitutional right to own a semiautomatic assault weapon. Others would tackle a California gun-safety law and the federal ban on direct interstate sales. If the justices grant review, they would probably hear arguments just after the November election and a presidential campaign in which President Donald Trump’s support for gun rights could be a key issue.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...?sref=B8NrNGlP

Anything about non violent felons after a certain amount of time?

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by whatitdoobie View Post
      Anything about non violent felons after a certain amount of time?

Sent from my Phone 2 using Tapatalk
      not sure but I agree with what your getting at.

any sort of violent crime in your past you should never get to own a gun again. but a nonviolent felon should absolutely have the opportunity to defend themselves and their families.

Comment

Working...
      X