Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Stopped Working Out Daily. Here’s What Happened.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Stopped Working Out Daily. Here’s What Happened.

Basically, not working out affects not just your physical condition, but your mental outlook as well. Something for all of us to remember in these days of COVID-19-induced isolation and home confinement.

I Stopped Working Out Daily. Here’s What Happened.

Exercise goals are crucial for staying in good shape and maintaining high productivity and focus.

For the past three years, I’ve been setting a yearly focus for my life. In 2014, I wanted to work abroad and travel as much as I could. In 2015, I wanted to read more than 100 books in a year. And in 2016, I wanted to work out every day of the year.

I’ve done those things. I love setting a yearly focus because it gives you a clear idea of what you want to do with your time. You’ll be surprised what you can do in a year if you put your mind to it.

This year, my focus is to write more books (even though it’s not going great, I’m still working on that). But at the same time, I also don’t want to stop reading and working out.

However, that’s sometimes more complicated than it sounds. In January of this year, I got the flu. And when I came back to our family business, I underestimated how much work I had to catch up with. I also wanted to keep creating new content for my blog and online courses.

I thought to myself: “I can’t do everything, so I’m going to cut back on daily exercise.”

BIG MISTAKE

Here’s what happened.

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/i...-what-happened

Even if it’s long walks, or pushups do something

Comment

yes absolutely. people are well aware of the physical aspect. it's obvious you will physically decline if you stop physical activity but i think many underestimate just how bad it can also effect you mentally.

out here in Cali we not only had the pandemic which closed gyms but we also had the heat/fires to deal with which often means really bad air quality. it doesn't exactly make you want to be outside. couple weeks ago we got an elliptical machine and it's amazing how quick i went from a depressed/stressed feeling to a positive outlook/calm feeling. i do an hour a day now.

Comment

Working...
      X