Flex Lewis Gets Stem Cell Treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flex Lewis Gets Stem Cell Treatment

He's had a good amount of pain and injuries recently which prompted him to give stem cell treatment a try.

Right Shoulder (20mm) & Left Shoulder(20mm) 40 million cells
    Right Elbow (5mm) & Left Elbow (5mm) 10 million cells
    Knee Right (40mm) & Left Knee(40mm) 80 million cells

is there real science behind this stuff or is it all a bit hocus pocus theory right now? I've never really read much about it.

Comment

There is real science behind the stuff, no doubt. However, this is a field that is still highly experimental and where there is a lot of research being done, and I don't think there is FDA approval for any of this. Which means that there is no shortage of bogus "clinics," making all kinds of claims of the efficacy of the therapy, especially in some third-world country. So, basically ripe for ripping off people with money. I personally wouldn't try any of this unless it is backed by a major research from a serious science lab (US/European university or research org like Mayo Clinic, etc.) and is being administered by a reputable organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        There is real science behind the stuff, no doubt. However, this is a field that is still highly experimental and where there is a lot of research being done, and I don't think there is FDA approval for any of this. Which means that there is no shortage of bogus "clinics," making all kinds of claims of the efficacy of the therapy, especially in some third-world country. So, basically ripe for ripping off people with money. I personally wouldn't try any of this unless it is backed by a major research from a serious science lab (US/European university or research org like Mayo Clinic, etc.) and is being administered by a reputable organization.
        Yea I wonder where he got it done.. I know he lives in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

Yea I wonder where he got it done.. I know he lives in the UK.
          Probably somewhere in Eastern Europe. It's the Wild West over there. I'm sure you can get anything done.

Comment

Working...
          X