Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My ruptured bicep repair

Hope everyone is well.

So in 2017 I tore my long head muscle belly down from the tendon.

when the bruising went went down a big gap appeared as the mass of the upper part slid down the arm.

well today I had surgery

the surgeon cut the tendon so that he could drag the muscle belly up towards the shoulder and fill in the gap a load more.

see attached pics, one one today pre op, the other now a few hours after. I’ll keep a log
    Attached Files

Shit I didn't realize you did that back in 2017. I thought the injury was recent.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
      Shit I didn't realize you did that back in 2017. I thought the injury was recent.
      You Tony X Man Freeman had his pec repaired years after a bad tear. Contrary to popular opinion you can get these things fixed years later, to whatever extent.

anyway I’m hopeful of a good result I think
      the surgery went well

Comment

Anything in particular that you did wrong the day of injury or just routine lifting and boom out of nowhere?

Comment

Recover well brother. I have finally gotten back into lifting heavier weight.

Comment

Anything in particular that you did wrong the day of injury or just routine lifting and boom out of nowhere?
            I'm curious about this as well. I always hear about tendons, rotator cuff a, knees, etc when guys are lifting really heavy for them. But stuff like a bicep tear or pec tear scares me. I don't lift that heavy at all (for me) because I'm after that big squeeze and stretch in the muscle I'm training but also because I want to try to avoid injuries also. How did you injure yourself Mr I?

Comment

I didn’t warm up properly

I did one set of 12 barbel curled 135lb, next set it broke away on the 9 th rep

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
                Recover well brother. I have finally gotten back into lifting heavier weight.
                Thanks man

FYI I’m running BPC 157 and GH daily in recovery
                Last edited by Mr I; 03-27-21, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Getting better
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
                    Getting better
                    When will you start training again? If be scared to use it for awhile lol

Comment

When will you start training again? If be scared to use it for awhile lol
                      24 May I can start to train it light again
                      Attached Files

Comment

Not for nothing but this fucker is starting to look chunks again
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice bro. that first day back in the gym gonna be a bit scary though haha

Comment

nice bro. that first day back in the gym gonna be a bit scary though haha
                            Another month before bicep curls or rows and yeah I’ll be nervous lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post

Another month before bicep curls or rows and yeah I’ll be nervous lol
                              first rep..... snap! :O

Comment

Working...
                              X