Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheesh's "Smelly" Homebrew - Never Buy Deodorant Ever Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheesh's "Smelly" Homebrew - Never Buy Deodorant Ever Again!

This is a nifty trick that I picked up a while ago, and it's alot more effective than deodorant for killing body odor, you can apply it less often, and it's cheaper!

Ingredients: Generic (CVS, or other pharmacy housebrand) 10% Povidone Iodine solution. I buy a nice 500 mL bottle that usually lasts me a good year or so for $10.00

Tools: Body Scrubber (usually used for body lotion, essentially a big puff ball of a roughish plastic with a string attached to it, while you're at CVS picking up the iodine, snipe

Procedure: Whilst naked prior to your shower (you don't want this stuff staining your clothes, now do ye?), squirt out a little bit of povidone iodine onto the scrubber, and proceed to scrub it onto your neck and under your arm pits. Give it a minute to dry, and the hop in the shower and wash it off. Voila! You're done.

Do this at least once a week, and you'll never have to buy deodorant ever again! No more body odor for you! :D
    Last edited by Sheesh; 02-24-04, 10:00 PM.

maybe this should go under recipes?

heh heh

Comment

is this a prank to see how many people will do this?!? from my experience iodine stains the hell out of skin as well. if this is legit, by what mechanism will it prevent b.o.? does it destroy the pores? clog them? eradicate the bacteria who's byproducts create the sulfide smell? make one look stupid? : ) more info please!

Comment

What about sweat??? Does it stop that???

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
          What about sweat??? Does it stop that???
          no, to do that get a nice long piece of flat stainless steel. heat one end over direct flame for about 10 minutes. carefully (so as to not burn your hands) grab the cool end and place the now hot end where you want no more perspiration to emerge. bite your lip and say a prayer. now rub iodine on the seared pores, and shower. tada, no more sweat!:rofl: :rofl: :drunk:

Comment

LOL Psyko!

If anyone tries this, let us know if Sheesh is just busting chops or if it actually works. I'm not gonna be the guinnea pig here.

Comment

hopefully the iodine works as good as your protein bars :)

Comment

Working...
              X