MYSTIC TAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYSTIC TAN

IS ANYONE FAMILIAR WITH THIS MYSTIC TAN...I HEAR IT IS HEALTHIER. GIVE ME SOME FEEDBACK IF ANYONE USES IT OUT THERE.

its food-coloring for your skin :)

Comment

type it into the search feature on the opening page of this board. try 'sunless tanning' too, it's been much mulled over amongst us and you'll find plenty of info : )

Comment

Definately healthier.....some people like it, some don't. Some say it didn't look natural on them, others say it did. Definately do a search, but it may come down to trying it for yourself and seeing if you like it.

Comment

How does it compare to tanning pills...anybody use those? Pros & cons?

Comment

I use the mystic tan and its nice if you want a quick tan. I find that it can be splotchy at times and turn my skin really orange, but if that doesn't bother you then go for it. I prefer the stand-up (Cyclone) overall :)

Comment

I dont like the Mystic I used to work at a tanning place that had the machine and we had LOADS OF COMPLAINTS about turning orange..it depends on your skin tone and type..u gotta try it urself

Comment

My friend just had it done. It looks really good i think. Except that between her fingers and toes it is a bit too dark, which is due to dripping or something. OVerall it looks very good though.

Comment

any tips on how to get the best out of Mystic? Also, how long should it last?

I need the tan to last thru Monday because I have a dance competition this weekend. I usually shower with an exfoliator scrubby thing. Can u still use a scrubby after the mystic tan?

Comment

Works great for me....its just walnut oil I think. It takes practice though. I had to do it about 3 times before I mastered the technique.

Comment

i tried it before my last comp... it worked great,, but a pain in the ass coming off.. nail polish works the best...

Comment

Tanning pills

Tanning pills are a scam, to answer the question above. Take a look on some of the better sunless tanning sites, they are all of the conclusion that its either totally (or close) without effect..

All self-tanning lotions use the same ingredient to change your skin tone (DHA). That said, from personal expereience, you really need to find the tanner that works the best for you. There is other stuff in them (bronzers, mosturizers) that make some look better or worse.

Personally, right now I am using Endless Summer Dark by Coppertone. Its about 10 bucks, and I get 3 applications out of it.. I don't do my legs at all though (they are hairy, and they look fine w/just a suntan). But, let me warn you ahead of time, these products can make you DARK. Like competition tan dark.. We (BB's) think it looks great, but people will look at you a little wierd if your darker then Ronnie Coleman. :)

Here is a really good site that talks about lots of different tanning products..
                        http://www.sunless.com/index.php
                        Type "mystic" into their search engine for their reviews of that kind of tanning..

Puma/Ripped

Comment

I use the spray tanning once in a while but to develop a really even tan I've found that 3 sessions really works best (one eod). I do that and then get annoyed at how quickly it fades. I shower twice a day and soak in the hot tub usually a few times a week which washes the tan off quickly, so I save the tanning for special occasions. I'd have to go at least twice a week to keep the tan on.

Spray tanning and self tanning lotions also tend to block my pores which sucks. I guess the Irish girl in me is meant to be pale and freckled.

Comment

Working...
                          X