oily skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oily skin

after taking a shower my skin is at first dry and in some places flaky, but after about an hour it starts to become oily and worsens as the day goes on. does anyone else have anything remotely close to this condition?

hmm.. sounds like you are washing your face with a soap that is too harsh, and perhaps your water temp is too high when you shower.

Try using a mild cleanser like cetaphil or neutrogena, and use a mild mosturisure immeeately after shower to lock the moisture in.

See, your skin is dry after because all of the natural moisture was washed out.. then your skin overcompensates by producingmore oil.

If you moisturize after show, then you wont see this problem. Should take abotu a week or two to normalize

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes I do use soap. Will pick up one of the products you mentioned and give that a go. Thanks again for the info.

Comment

I have combination skin too, my face, chest and back being on the oily side and my neck, legs and arms dry. On my face, my cheeks and around my lips the skin is dry so I use Olay Total Effects there and on my neck. On my arms and legs I swear by Bath & Body Works body cream. Apply your moisturizer right after your shower before you skin dries out. I usually shower twice a day and I love the Neutrogena Rainbath liquid soap or Carress. Costco or Sam's Club carry the Neutrogena in a huge pump bottle, it winds up being a lot cheaper that way. I also get my Olay there.
        Last edited by Puddles; 04-06-04, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsPuddlesFL
          I have combination skin too, my face, chest and back being on the oily side and my neck, legs and arms dry. On my face, my cheeks and around my lips the skin is dry (...).
          same here

Comment

Working...
          X