Skin Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Care

Guys seem to have a big issue about skin care and do nothing till its too late. My Mom was a stripper back in the 60s & 70s so her whole world was about beauty because that was her living. I grew up in a home were skin care and fitness were important issues. I have always taken great care of my skin and now that I have reached my 40s I feel that it has paid off when I look at the people I grew up with and people that are my own age.

The reason I think this is important is for the younger guys and everyone for that mater is to encourage everyone to have some kind of a skin care program. Most woman already do this. Guys don't think your a pussy or a fag or whatever stupid stereo type you think you would fall into. I promise you when you reach your 40s you will be glad you did. Look at peoples faces and there dried out leathery skin and ask yourself if you want that in your future. Trust me 40 comes fast, seems like I was 25 last week.

Good advice. Most men I know only wash their faces in the shower and NEVER use sunscreen.

Comment

Clarins For Men is great stuff....pricey, but great. Their facial moisturizer is the best I have used. I got over that whole "skin care for men is sissy" thing years ago, when I used to tan a lot and noticed some fine wrinkles. Started dipping into my mother's high-end products, and noticed that the wrinkles were gone and my skin looked better. It took awhile, but with Clarins' line, one of the high-end cosmetics companies finally reached out to us guys.

Comment

My hubby swears by Pevonia's product for men!

He also uses my sea salt/sea weed scrub!

Comment

Well then give us some tips. What should we be doing? I wash my entire body with the shampoo that i use to wash my hair. And thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinfish
            Well then give us some tips. What should we be doing? I wash my entire body with the shampoo that i use to wash my hair. And thats it.
            I don't think anyone needs to get into the "high end products" and I'm a girl so take that as you may.

A good place to start would be one of those shower puffs and a bottle of shower gel. As silly as that may seem the puff helps to lather and exfoiliate. Suave makes a decent gel and it is affordably priced. :)

When you get out of shower apply a lotion, no need to get fancy. Vaseline Intensive Care is an old favorite and all I've ever used. Honest.

PS. You shouldn't be using shampoo on your entire body. Some contain different waxes. chemicals and such not designed for other "areas". Then again, I have sensitive skin and this may not be an issue for others. :)

Comment

a bit off the subject i cant shave witout breaking out not acne jsut light redish rash that itche sliek amofo only on ym neck too i tried hot water cold water all diff types of creams heating cremes up etc.. etc... etc... still ym shit burns liek mofo afterwards any idear?s lol

Comment

I can tell some of you gents are not watching Queer Eye for the Straight guy...lol

Serious, these guys have some wonderful tips on male skin/hair care!

Simple facial: Sugar, yes sugar you bake with- Put a small amount in your hand while in shower - apply a lil hot water with it and apply to face. Scrub gentle and rinse!

Comment

Originally posted by njjuicer
                  a bit off the subject i cant shave witout breaking out not acne jsut light redish rash that itche sliek amofo only on ym neck too i tried hot water cold water all diff types of creams heating cremes up etc.. etc... etc... still ym shit burns liek mofo afterwards any idear?s lol
                  Try an electric razor.

Comment

Working...
                  X