No announcement yet.

Why does my face not tan well anymore?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my face not tan well anymore?

Since I am way past 45 years old, I have noticed that in the last 5 years or so, that my face doesn't seem to tan as well as it used to. I'm outside much, golfing, yard work etc., plus I have a tanning bed I use to keep things even. Everything but my face tans like it used to, but my face always seems to stay more red than tan. I know you lose some pigmentation as you age, but it's such a difference now, I think it's something else. I only use a lotion on my face when I tan to keep from drying out, but no accelerators or bronzing type products. Does anyone have any suggestions to turn the red look to a more tan look. In photos, I always look sunburnt, but in reality, I'm not burnt, just red. I'm of Italian descent and I have always been fairly dark. Any hints? Thanks, BB

I don't know what it is but I'm the same way. My body will tan nicely but my face won't tan nearly as well. The only thing I've found to even it out (aside from make-up which won't work very well for a guy) are self tanning products. They make special ones for the face without oils to prevent breaking out. I have one called "The Big O - It's ok to fake it!" that the girl at the tanning salon gave me and it works well. It's in a spray pump bottle and dries very quickly.

Comment

I have been having the red face (not rosacea) happen lately although the rest of me is tanning and not red. I also think (at least in my case) that my face is a bit more oily because I'm doing a cycle of M-1T/4AD and it somewhat affects the potential for tanning. I work outside a decent amount of the time but don't get to wash my face very often during the day unless I go out to lunch somewhere. I think that the oil makes the skin more susceptible to burning than actual tanning- kind of like a windburn. Could this be the case with you?

Comment

Working...
      X