Stretch Marks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stretch Marks?

Yea I got alot going on. And I need advice.

I currently am on a diet and have been for 4-5 months. I lost 100 pounds. Don't know why it was that fast but I definitly didn't starve my self. I was on a low carb diet / fat diet. I worked my self a few weeks into a diet as to not have a crash diet. It's hard to do both carb / fat diet but its possible with alot of vegetables if you know which has carbs and what doesn't. The internet and my brother who works at a gym are my best friends for some really good advice. I worked out and did miles every day weather on the tredmill or biking the reservoir I live near.

I look great in clothes and have some more pounds to loose im now 182 and want to go to 150 I am 5 8"/9" and am getting suffering some discomfort and depression due to the summer comming up and seeing this stretch marks I have. I don't know how to get rid of them or make them almost not seeable unless you examine someone closely. Well I dont care what the process is. I have time I have months. If that's what it takes. I dont care if its a year. Does anyone have sugesstions? Creams? Medicines anything. As long as it works and there no false hopes. I mean The weight loss is great but this is killing me now too. I wish I would dieted alot sooner. I hate myself for that.

IF there is no treatment im afraid I will never find someone special. There are so many picky people out there. I know if i was skinny all my life never knew what a stretch mark was I would be grossed out let alone wanna see the person without clothes on even if they are in shape and are good looking... I dont even wanna look at my self in the mirrior any more. Would it be wrong to get surgery? If someone has done this could you tell me the cost and if so is it the best decision? Im 18 and I dont have much money but if it means saving and not spending money out with my friends Im willing to give it all up if I can have these damng things vanquished. Please help me.

Here's a link to a related post on stretch marks, there is a few if you do a search on it. Here ya go:

http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...=stretch+marks

Comment

bro there is no cure for them. sorry. but no matter what, you'll find someone that sees past them. look they're scars but you should feel proud because of what you have accomplished. alot of people get them and they should serve as a reminder of where our lives have taken us. whether it be childbirth, weightloss, bodybuilding, or just growing it helps remind us of who we are and where we've been. surgery goes by the inch i believe, and it isn't cheap. and to top it all off like i said nothing will totally get rid of them. try some otc topicals, if they're newer (marks) you have a better chance of "hiding" them. and bro keep working hard. get yourself a six pack, and a hard physique to show how you've totally transformed your body.

Comment

Stretch marks are permanent, no creams or anything will really completely remove them. It sucks. I've got them too, mostly on my stomach from when I was pregnant and gained a lot of weight. As you skin gets looser they will appear worse. I'm going to get a tummy tuck which will help remove most of mine (around $8,000 for a full tuck). My plastic surgeon's office does offer some treatments, like dermabrasion to help smooth them out and they also offer something like a tattoo to help put a little color back in them (initially stretch marks will be red, but after a while they become lighter than the surrounding skin). Since stretch marks are more obvious on loose skin, building as much muscle as possible will help keep the skin tighter and the stretch marks will not be as noticible (I have some stretch marks on my arms and thighs but there' hardly noticible with the skin being tighter there). Tanning will help even out the color too, self tanning creams will work better than a tanning booth and it won't damage your skin but either will help.

Don't freak about someone not wanting you because of stretch marks. If someone is that superficial then you don't want to be with them anyway.

Congradulations on your success so far! I know looking in the mirror and seeing the stretch marks and loos skin can be really depressing, but try to focus on how far you've come and keep working at it. Once you've become close to where you want to be, focuss on building a lot of muscle to fill your skin again. In a few years the way you're feeling now will be a distant memory. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles

Don't freak about someone not wanting you because of stretch marks. If someone is that superficial then you don't want to be with them anyway.

Congradulations on your success so far!
          :agree: I couldn't agree more!

Comment

Well thx guys means alot. Yea ive come far and loosing it was the hardest thing i hope with hard work in a few years it will be a distant memory.

Comment

I was the same exact way but a little different situation. I was getting to big (Muscle Mass and some fat) to fast for my smaller type frame. So ive got my share of stretch marks, TRUST me. I was feeling down for a while, almost thinking about dropping working out.

Wrong path, you will come to recognize that most people you actually get along with, really could care less about stretch marks. And I always kept the attitude, Ill just get so shredded and big, no one will even care. Im lucky that I had a close group of friends that all go through working out together, and I started to look closer at other ppl. Boy was I wrong when I thought I was the only person with bad stretchies. Some people have it worse than others, myn are moderate, and in places that arnt so obvious, but some of my friends have them on there back, my one friend has them horizantle across his chest. They are just a thing of life/fitness

A lot of ppl are like, wait, I never see body builders with strechies. They have them, u cant see them cause they are so ripped, and so tan ;)

But there is a bit of hope. When u first get stretchies or they start to come out, they can be red-purple, like most of mine are, but they DO eventually fade away to normal skin colour which can make a world of a difference. If urs are alrdy clearish, ur luckier then you think ;)

When I say to u, dont worry about it, u rlly shouldnt, because its a thing of life, and if ur worried about ppl making decisions like in ur love life, I think u know the truth. If they dont like ur strech marks enuff to ruin things, or such, like stated above, they arent right for u anyway.

Now, U can help prevent/lesson severity of them. Get some CoaCoa Butter cream, lotions, or just Vitamin E, or all of them ;) Rub em all over, in places u have them alrdy, and places where they are likely to appear, thatll help. Go tanning to !

]
              Hope I could help

Comment

yes you did. They are clear. Unfortunately I got them from being over weight and not lifting. I do have that coca butter cream and in this state rubbing now and even after i loose all the weight will make them in better condition? Will i also have to do this like every day for the rest of my life or? Feedback plz thx~

Comment

MM it depends. It will help them become less severe and will help them from appearing. But the stretch marks u have:

Uve actually had them while u were "heavier", they were stretched out and hard to see

So now, theyeve always been there, and thats why theyve faded to clear, as well as some ppl just get lucky like that.

As for the coacoa butter. Its a help, not a drastic help. Id say whenever ur going to keep loosing weight, or gaining muscle, use it. If ur just try to maintain, not doing much at the moment, dont bother

Id say just put some time aside while ur brushing ur teeth at nite and do it once a day ;)

GL

Comment

thx u guys own =)

Comment

Just let your physique do the talking bro, nobodys gonna notice tiny stretch marks if ur rippd n huge man, peace :D

Comment

My missus has them cause she used to be alot bigger than she is now, and i mean alot, but hey i still love her and its the last thing i think about when we are making love

Comment

Originally posted by majoradams
                          My missus has them cause she used to be alot bigger than she is now, and i mean alot, but hey i still love her and its the last thing i think about when we are making love
                          I hate the ones I got on my belly when I was pregnant so I got red lightbulbs at Home Depot and replaced 3 out of 4 regular bulbs in my ceiling fan so when it's time for some loving, I just have the red lights on and it makes a huge difference in the visibility of stretch marks but it's still bright enough in the room to see good. It also helps give the illusion of being tan even if you're pale. :)

Comment

lol talk about some kinky sex rofl. i dont have a mrs. but when the time comes... ill take it into consideration :)

Comment

Working...
                            X