Shaving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaving

For the guys out there, How often do you shave your chest and abs? I've been doing it every two weeks and now it seems like it's growing in faster. I'm think I'll need to bump it up to once or twice a week.

I do it on monday and friday

Comment

I do it every week or so cause it grows in light. I keep the happy trail though cause my girl likes it.

Comment

Everyday....along with...uhhh ummm....other body parts. It only takes a few minutes after you get the hang of it. Make sure you have seperate razors.

Comment

Originally posted by jaypee
          Everyday....along with...uhhh ummm....other body parts. It only takes a few minutes after you get the hang of it. Make sure you have seperate razors.
          that way i don't get ingrown hairs

Comment

Originally posted by pierced one
            EXACTLY!

Comment

Of course ur doing it more often, the more u shave the more "plush" ittl grow back in ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Viral
                Of course ur doing it more often, the more u shave the more "plush" ittl grow back in ;)
                I think that's just a myth. Shaving more often won't make the hair grow any faster or denser. You shave your face everyday but the hairgrowth doesn't change there. Guys will also often continue to develop thicker chest hair (and other body hair like on the back can show up) as they get older. Also, if you use geer your hair growth will increase.

Comment

Look at it like this, remember back when u were 12, or maybe u have someone around that age u know

Ur mustache started growing in, it wasnt peach fuzz, but it wasnt actual "beard hair/mustache hair" they were long thing strands for most kids. Now do u think if they never shaved that, it would honestly just keep on growing? Or start to get "rough" in a sense? Shaving does change ur hair growth

Comment

When you were 12 your hormones were just starting to kick in and they continue causing new hairgrowth through the years, mostly between the ages of 12 to 18. Think of it this way...if shaving makes your hair grow thicker then why doesn't it grow up higher on your cheeks as your razor inadvertantly gets that area as you're shaving your beard?

I wondered what the true answer is about this subject so I plugged into Google "shaving makes your hair grow" and no, it does not make it grow any thicker.

Here are a couple of myth busters:

http://www.ohiohealth.com/healthrefe...gory=questions

http://members.aol.com/beardguy/bfaq.htm

http://www.menstuff.org/columns/q&a/01.html

And here's a Men's body shaving site for tips on how to shave different bodyparts:

http://www.totse.com/en/ego/self_imp...ysh169589.html

Comment

Look, I've been shaving everything for 5 years now. If this were true, I'd look like a fuck Sasquatch by now. It's just a myth.

Comment

Re: Shaving

Originally posted by acuman
                        For the guys out there, How often do you shave your chest and abs? I've been doing it every two weeks and now it seems like it's growing in faster. I'm think I'll need to bump it up to once or twice a week.
                        damn i wish i had to do mine every 2 weeks.

TEll u this, i do mine everyday bro. If not every 2 days the longest. It sux cause they get thicker everytime.

Comment

Originally posted by pierced one

ouch:(

Comment

try waxing, it last longer. I dont know how the hell ppl find time to shave evry part of thier body everyday

Comment

Originally posted by majoradams
                              try waxing, it last longer. I dont know how the hell ppl find time to shave evry part of thier body everyday

the only parts i have to shave everyday are my forearms. My chest i can go 2-3 days at most. Since i dont wear shorts now, i dont mind the legs for now. Maybe every other week legs. But forearms are a must or else my girl is gonna be saying im too spikey.:D

Comment

Working...
                              X