Tingling in hands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tingling in hands

The following has been going on for several weeks now: For a couple of nights after a chest/tri workout I am awakened by a numbness/tingling in hands (usually right hand). It wakes me up several times a night and no matter which way I position myself, whether it be on my back, side, etc. My hands will "fall asleep". This will continue until the soreness in my chest/shoulder area subsides. Anyone else get this or have any suggestions? I appreciate any pointers.

It's funny you should mention this. I did a chest workout yesterday, and woke up this morning and my right arm had fallen asleep. However mine is because I sleep with my arm under my pillow and it pinches off circulation in my shoulder. I have no idea why it would be doing it to you though.

Comment

Are either of you taking GH?

Comment

Originally posted by redsquirrel
        Are either of you taking GH?
        No. I know tingling is associated with GH but my problem is from cutting off circulation. If he's taking GH I wouldn't know.

Comment

If you're getting sharp pain with that it may be carpal tunnel syndrome, typically that wakes the person up at night. Get it checked out.

Comment

No on the GH question. Carpel tunnel? Would I only feel it at night while sleeping or would that happen throughout the day?

Comment

Well, u may get it during the day, but the pain typically is bad enough to wake the person up at night. Which fingers of your hand are affected?

Comment

Just right hand. But, like I have mentioned, it only occurs after a chest workout. I don't train delts, because they are usually more sore than my chest is. My delts will stay sore for 2-3 days and that's how long I will fight with my hand falling asleep at night for.

Comment

Sounds like its something else then, see your doctor if its becoming a real problem....

Comment

Originally posted by muddy
                    I don't train delts, because they are usually more sore than my chest is.
                    You don't train delts at all? :eek: Or just not while your chest is sore?

Comment

Originally posted by muddy
                      No on the GH question. Carpel tunnel? Would I only feel it at night while sleeping or would that happen throughout the day?
                      Carpel tunnel symptoms often start out at night before you have any problems during the day.

You could also have a slightly pinched nerve that's only aggrivated after training a specific area.

I had an MRI done last week because I've had a similar problem for years and it's getting worse. Initially my old doctor sent me to physical therapy and it helped minimally along with anti-inflamatories.

Make sure you're doing stretching exercises, not just before you train, but do them the other days of the week. You can try an anti-inflamatory but they hinder muscle growth to a small degree.

If it continues for a few weeks you may want to be checked out by a doctor so you can pinpoint the cause and find out what to do to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
                        Carpel tunnel symptoms often start out at night before you have any problems during the day.

You could also have a slightly pinched nerve that's only aggrivated after training a specific area.

I had an MRI done last week because I've had a similar problem for years and it's getting worse. Initially my old doctor sent me to physical therapy and it helped minimally along with anti-inflamatories.

Make sure you're doing stretching exercises, not just before you train, but do them the other days of the week. You can try an anti-inflamatory but they hinder muscle growth to a small degree.

If it continues for a few weeks you may want to be checked out by a doctor so you can pinpoint the cause and find out what to do to help.
                        spoken knowledgeably puddles! ... carpel tunnel tends to be a different kind of pain, not quite a tingly sensation. the pinched nerve is the most likely explanation, either due to blood pump or inflamation in the area.

Comment

I get a lot of arm problems and it is releived when I stretch by
                          delts and chest and upper back...Mine is more in my elbows
                          and forearms...I know its related to kneck and delts, cause if you sleep on your side then you put pressure on your delts. and upper back...My arms hurt badly if I am not careful...I try not to bend my arm while sleeping to keep circulation...I would stretch
                          alot and see the DOC. to be safe....i also have a nerve in my elbow that makes my hand tingle...Advil and stretching will work it out...Hope it is of some help..

Comment

Look on the bright side, if your hands are numb, you can jerk off and it will feel like someone else is doing it

Comment

If I do dumbell presses and I let the weight just rest on part of my hand I get a tingling (like you hit your funny bone) in my hand and lower arm. Maybe your grip is off a little adn it affects you later on while it gets me while I am working out.

Comment

Working...
                              X