Tightening the loose skin - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tightening the loose skin - Help

I've lost 53 pounds so far. My problem area is lower ab area. I anticipate tightening to occur over time. Roughly what kind of time am I looking at and can you guys pass along any and all information on this topic. Thank you!

Dont know how long, but I dropped 60 pounds in about 8 months once and I was in my twenties partying and livivn the life. The skin around my lower abs was always a little loose though. I dropped dwn to 7% at one time, perhaps if Ihad went lower the skin would have tightened up more, I dunno, some people shrink right up while others take many months and some never. It really depends on your genetics IMO. Good luck

PD

Comment

Thanks PD.

Comment

6 months to a year. If it's still loose after that, you can consider a tummy tuck. A mini tuck will probably suffice and is minimally invasive, just removing excess skin and not cutting into the muscle.

Comment

If it doesn't tighten up within a year then it probably won't...Your skin has lost it's elasticity, that's why you have that problem...don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat..

Comment

Thank you both... :-)

Comment

yeah some peoples skin only tighten up to a certain degree. I have had two children and competed 4 times and while I was extremely lucky to never get any stretch marks (My Mum never got any either, so it could be genetic) my skins not as tight in the abs as it was before I had my kids. Even when I competed I would have liked it really tight, in the lower abs but it wasn't. It could be just the elasticity is not what is use to be after years of sunbaking, having two children and then dieting for months to compete.

Comment

Working...
              X