Ear Cleaning Candle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ear Cleaning Candle

My g/f bought me it a couple months ago and I kept putting off using it cause I thought it wouldn't work (plus I wasn't big on lighting something on fire and sticking it in my ear) but holy shit those things are awesome. I used it a couple nights ago, It totally worked... I can actually hear now. Anyone ever use one of these?

Never heard of it! Maybe I should check it out!

Comment

How it works is you stick it in your ear, then light it on fire and the candle starts a suction after a while from the fire trying to pull in more air. It's kinda gross but it then pulls all the wax out.

Comment

Something about that just doesn't seem right!

Comment

I thought the same til I did it, all I know is I can hear now

Comment

Do you make it yourself or is it something you buy-if you buy it where can you get it? I have serious ear wax buildup issues. Before I knew that was the problem, I thought I was going deaf!

Comment

I think I saw that one Jackass once....

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
                Do you make it yourself or is it something you buy-if you buy it where can you get it? I have serious ear wax buildup issues. Before I knew that was the problem, I thought I was going deaf!
                No it's something that you can get just about anywhere, my g/f got mine at local health store. Do a google search on ear candles...a bunch of stuff comes up. They work great ...it's a little gross but afterwards you can take a look inside to see how much it took out. I was amazed...just in the past couple days I've noticed I had the tv volume at a few lower notches then normal. I would definately recomend trying it out

Comment

They work F*cking awesome!!!!!

You can get them at most health food store.

Comment

I get the same results from putting rubbing alcohol on a Q-tip

Comment

we sell em at vitamin world, tried it once, works well but shibby is right you can get similar results w/some qtip and rubbing alcohol action ... I do feel you get a deeper down hearing affect though w/the candle.

Comment

Well if you used a q-tip in the first place you wouldn't need the damn candle. :P

Comment

You may want to check this out prior to ear candling:

Ear Candling Facts

Comment

The first time I used one of these things and looked at all the crap that funneled in the bottom, I thought it was a God send. Then I tried burning one of these candles on a dry run(not in my ear) and saw the same stuff. Your ears do a good job of emptying themselves out and you typically don't need to clean them out. If you feel you do, go to a doctor. It's not as cheap as a candle but it's safe and actually does the trick.

Comment

i saw a thing on sixty minutes awhile ago they tryed all these different methods including the ear candle and basically most of the stuff they sell is just garbage including the ear candle...stick to a q-tip with a dab of alcohol....and personally i dont know about you but the thought of fire that close to my head doesnt excite me..
                              Last edited by slipshady; 01-26-06, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X