Question about hair loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about hair loss

I am 25 years old. Over the last 6 months or so, I have noticed that my hair has been getting a little thinner on top. I do not wear baseball caps of any sort, and have not for about 5 years. I have used AAS on and off for about 4 years now. I am aware that a side effect of AAS is hair loss, but I am unsure if it is being caused by this or genetics. My grandfather on my dad's side is bald on top, but hair on the sides, my dad is not bald on top, and neither was my mom's dad before he passed away. Is there any products out there that will stimulate hair growth? I'm new to this topic, but I want to try to at least fight it before it's all gone. Thanks

Knoxville

Did you read the sticky in this forum by Yellow Jacket about his hairloss diary? Some good info. there.

Also, did you do propper PCT after your cycles?

Comment

Either way, AAS or genetics, the fact is your hair is thinning out! Same here, but mine is hereditary! It doesn't matter which grandfather had hair or not, if it is in your genes then you will lose hair. Wearing a hat will not cause hair loss but if you hair is thin and brital then a hat will only help the hair thin faster. The only 2 things I know of that have been proven by the FDA to regrow hair are Rogain and Propecia! Propecia is a pill that you would have to take daily to regrow hair and Rogain is a topical solution you apply to the scalp twice a day to regrow hair.When I say scalp, I mean the crown of your head, top back of your head. Rogain will not work on the receeding hairline, the forhead back.The bad thing about Rogain though....once you stop using it your hair will thin back out twice as fast and the thinning spot will more than likely be bigger, which mean once you start using and see results you must continue to use it to keep the regrown hair!

Good luck and remember also that stress will also cause hair loss if you are prediposed to it genetically!

Comment

I read YJ's diary after I posted. I think I may try some rogaine first. I did proper PCT after my cycles. I just started noticing the thinning hair about 6 months ago. Thanks for the replies and if rogain doesn't work, then I'll try the other.

Knox

Comment

my hair began thinning a few years ago, and rogaine didn't do shit for me. i've been using propecia now for 6 months, and it has slowed the receding hair, but now yet halted it or reversed it. i'm gonna give it a few more months yet, and then decide whether or not to keep taking it. sux to be us!

Comment

Originally posted by hlcn8
            my hair began thinning a few years ago, and rogaine didn't do shit for me. i've been using propecia now for 6 months, and it has slowed the receding hair, but now yet halted it or reversed it. i'm gonna give it a few more months yet, and then decide whether or not to keep taking it. sux to be us!
            If I remember correctly, the reports on Propecia say that it may take up to a year before seeing results. So if you haven't seen anything by then you probably won't see any at all!

When I said I wanted to grow up to be just like my dad....I didn't mean that I wanted his hair too! :P R.I.P. Pops!

Comment

I use 1% nizoral. Leave it on your skull for 5min while in shower 3X/wk. Works well for me. Perhaps if combined with rogaine it will have good results for you too. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by neverfail
                I use 1% nizoral. Leave it on your skull for 5min while in shower 3X/wk. Works well for me. Perhaps if combined with rogaine it will have good results for you too. Good Luck
                I can't see how 2 different topical solutions are going to make each other work better. Maybe...maybe not! The chemical reaction with the 2 mixed together may have an adverse reaction such as scalp irritation, may cause dandruff or they may cancel each other out. I would definately talk to a Dr. before combining these 2!

Comment

Has anyone heard or tried the product Procede (www.procedecorp.com)? I saw advertised on TV yesterday and just wonder. It claims to be a once every 90 day application instead of daily. But it comes at a price ($200).

Comment

I have been taking propecia for over a year and you notice effects after around three months. It gets pretty expensive. I am about to just buy bulk powder and cap my own. No sense in giving away money to the pharmacy

Comment

Working...
                    X