How do you heal a rash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you heal a rash

I've got some rash type thing on my leg, i'm not even positive what it is and i dont really remember how it got there....it was either a mosquito bite or like a pimple and i just kept picking at it out of bad habit and over time it's gotten bigger and worse....its red and very dry

i try to remember to put lotion on it everyday but i forget plenty of times...but its definetly starting to look kinda bad and i'd like to clean it up the best i cna

You can try and antibacterial creme, but if that dosn't work you would have to see a doc to get a specific cream for the infection.

Comment

There are literally hundreds and hundreds of different rashes and almost as many treatments. Here is a fact...about 90% of rashes go under diagnosed and untreated because they generally go away on their own and are benign.

The hard part is actually identifying what caused a rash. The secret lies in actually how one would described the rash. For instance, using a word like "scaley". I never recommend someone try to treat a rash without being able to see it. I would not put any creams on it until you see a doc.

Is it itchy? Are you having an allergic reaction to anything (swelling throat or puffy eyes) If so, go to an ER right away. Also, some bug bites have the potential to become infected depedning on what bit you. If it looks like a bullseye around the bite area, that is a bad sign. Also, if the area gets warm, you start to get a fever or it continues to get larger, see someone right away.

Comment

Originally posted by shortz

Is it itchy? Are you having an allergic reaction to anything (swelling throat or puffy eyes) If so, go to an ER right away. Also, some bug bites have the potential to become infected depedning on what bit you. If it looks like a bullseye around the bite area, that is a bad sign. Also, if the area gets warm, you start to get a fever or it continues to get larger, see someone right away.

none of that applies with me, i think it's just something that was small and i picked at it out of bad habit without even noticing and made it larger, i'm not even positive if you would call it a "rash"

its red and dry, it does itch, but like i said i pick at it alot out of bad habit

Comment

Cortizone ointment should be helpful.

Comment

sounds like an infection, not a rash. i would go to the doc. he will fix you right up. you let an infection go to long and it can kill you. dont mean to scare you, just dont play around with something like that bro. go see a doc.

Comment

i've been using cortizone 10....it hasn't cleared but its no longer dry and it doesn't itch, but it's definetly not something i enjoy anyone seeing when i'm in the nude :( ... i know its just a rash but it's kinda embarassing

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                sounds like an infection, not a rash. i would go to the doc. he will fix you right up. you let an infection go to long and it can kill you. dont mean to scare you, just dont play around with something like that bro. go see a doc.

out of curiosity, do you know how much a visit like that should cost me?

Comment

Whatever your doctor charges for a regular office visit. This can vary depending on where you live and how much the doctor feels like charging you for his 5 minutes of time. My doc usually charges about $75 for a quick office visit.

Since you still have the rash, definitely get in to see the doc.

Comment

Pee on it. but that's my answer for every ailment.

Comment

I agree, if you still have it I would see a doc. It could be something you need an antibiotic for. It's symptoms could just be a rash.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                        I agree, if you still have it I would see a doc. It could be something you need an antibiotic for. It's symptoms could just be a rash.

well that's the thing, antibiotics work with bacteria and viruses. personally, if you ask me. STOP SCRATCHING IT!!!!!! it'll go away.

but if not.................right now i have an infection on my leg due to a cut i sustained at work and iwas prescribed cephalexin, an antibiotic that "should" work. but that was only because................
                        "an infection will always set in if at the time of infection the injury site was not clean"
                        -taken from a "walgreen's" prescription.

in other words quit scratching it!

Comment

get some neosporin

Comment

Working...
                          X