Fucking PORES!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fucking PORES!!

Is there any decent over-the-counter products to help shrink facial pores? I have oil filled pores on my nose and cheeks that won't go away! They aren't that noticeable but I'm still somewhat embarrased.

I find those biore facial strips work well for pulling the oil out.

Comment

Yeah, I tried those a couple years ago, those strips about tear my fucking nose off! :devil:

Comment

lol, but did they work?

Comment

Decently, until the next day.....overall not impressed, plus, and maybe the price has changed since, they were pretty $$

Comment

Originally posted by DrMull04
            Decently, until the next day.....overall not impressed, plus, and maybe the price has changed since, they were pretty $$
            No there still pretty pricey for what there are and I don't think the off brand works as well.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know, I haven't been to a dermo for awhile, overall facial appearance is 95% free of acne and other junk, but those FUCKING PORES will haunt me for the rest of my life :whip:

Comment

Why don't you see an esthetician for regular facials? You might also want to consider having a facial peel, or perhaps you'd be a good candidate for laser resurfacing (although you mentionned cost as an obstacle and you may simply be genetically determined to have textured, oily skin. Which means, at least, that you won't wrinkle until you're way older than the rest of us). I am presuming you have a good diet, get solid and consistent sleep, drink a lot of water, don't touch your face with your hands unless you're washing it, and that you follow a good morning/night skin care regime including a gentle cleanser, a toner, moisturizer, and a weekly exfoliant.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMull04
                  Is there any decent over-the-counter products to help shrink facial pores? I have oil filled pores on my nose and cheeks that won't go away! They aren't that noticeable but I'm still somewhat embarrased.
                  you may be best off seeing a dermatologist.

Comment

look into micro dermabrasion.

Comment

I got them big pores too.. I hate em. The older ya get, the bigger they get.

Comment

Originally posted by Alin
                        look into micro dermabrasion.

I'm using a facial scrub right now that seems to help shink pores and make sking look tighter.

Comment

I have large pores aswell. It runs in my family. So as a teenager i spent endless amounts of time and money trying to fix the problem. Now ofcourse, I just live with it. The oldest trick in the book is to emerse your face in ice cold water. It temporarily closes (what some might call shrinking) the pore, but unfortunately they usually return to original size once your skin reaches normal temperature again. You might also notice that they are smaller in the colder months, and at their largest in the warmer ones. And also that they are bigger when you get out of the shower. Thats the best time to gently squeeze out any blackheads or built up dirt in them & also the best time to exfoliate.
                          But basically there is absolutely nothing you can do, it is your genetic make-up & to add to the dissapointment, pores naturally expand and become larger as you get older due to the collogen in the skin breaking down. The walls of the pore become weak and start to, how can i say this? Fall down?. Which in turn makes the hole bigger. You just have to wash your face, exfoliate often, use a toner and moisturise. And if you really would feel better trying atleast something, then buy a moisturiser with alpha hydroxy in it. Some people swear it puts the elasticity back in their skin, which in turn supports the area around the pore preventing the sides of the pore to relax and somewhat droop or fall open, making them look larger. Personally I'd rather spend my money on a hat and sunscreen and just try slow the collogen depleating process down. Because once something has lost it's elasticity, it's impossible to reverse.

Comment

Biore facail strips: Don't use them there to over priced. Instead use elmers glue. Works great, cheap and skinn friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Alin
                              I'm using a facial scrub right now that seems to help shink pores and make sking look tighter.
                              whats it called?

Comment

Working...
                              X