Major BO problems all of a sudden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major BO problems all of a sudden

Since the age of 14 I have showered once in the morning, put my deoderant on and went about my day. During these past 13 years I would sweat all throughout the day from working out, playing outside, and doing whatever else. Never during this time did I ever have a BO problem from under my arms. I mean I would sweat for 5 straight hours from playing basketball and football eveyday in the summer when I was younger and not a single scent from under the arms. Then, about 2 month ago, I noticed my underarms smelling very bad. I kept a nose on it and it continued, everyday, even within three hours after my shower. Now, I shower, put on a new deoderant, and sit at work and within a couple of hours I smell. I do not know what is going on with me. I have never had this problem before. I thought it was bunk deoderant but I have tried two other ones and they do not help. Any ideas as to what is going on here. I even recently shaved the under arms to see if it would help but it didn't. I am running out of ideas.

Have you changed anything in your diet in anyway, or are you under any undue stress, new job, relationship problems.

Otherwise best too see a doc, somethings changed.

good luck

Comment

Pungent spices in food will cause odor, being in ketosis has a bo effect, and alcohol has semi-lingering smell in your sweat.

That said, let's cover the basics.

1. Sweat has no odor besides what's being carried out from your body.
      2. Typical "BO" smell comes from bacterial waste products after the bacteria has had time to build-up in the residue moisture.
      3. Your body's set of bacterial buddies becomes larger and more complex as you age(everyone is teeming with bacteria, some we actually need).

Also check your detergent.

Comment

Use an antiperspirant/deodorant. I currently use Gillette Series ClearGel Cool Wave. Has a great smell and keeps me smelling good. Give it a try.

Comment

Have you changed your vitamins or supplements? I normally don't have any problem, but when I'm on clen and training I need to shower immediately afterwards.

Comment

I have changed the diet drastically. Bulking up naturally and very cleanly. I am eating a lot of red meat and almonds. Maybe these are it.

Comment

new,

If the diet changed when the bo started it's definitely a possibility.

On the other hand, clean foods should overall produce less stress and anti-oxidants for the body, so in general it should produce positive results.

Of course, we are all different.

Guess, try changing diet for 3-4 days and see, you should see a result one would think quickly.

Good Luck

Comment

Definately diet...look especially at the spices you are using to season your food. curry spices, tumeric, ect are often expressed as stong odors in sweat.

Comment

if i eat a bunch of egg yolks i stink are you eating lots of eggs?

Comment

I would go see a doctor and get his recomendation.

Comment

Go to a dermatologist and get perscription Drysol. It may even be OTC now. I had a period where I was constantly sweating under the arms. If you don't have insurance or have problems getting it, let me know and I can get one and send it to you.

Comment

It ended up being my diet. I went back to eating normally (sugar, complex carbs, proteins, and fat) and the problem went away. I think I was in Ketosis. Thanks for all your help throughout this. I smell good now!

Comment

Working...
                        X