ingrown hairs.. help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ingrown hairs.. help

I usually get ingrown hairs on my arm pits, stomach, and pubic area after shaving. The worse was one time on my pubic area. The place where the hair was ingrown got really hard under the skin and turned brown. I still have that same brown mark till this day and its been there a while. Anyone ever have this problem and if so how do I fix it? It's like an ingrown hair that won't ever come out. When I get ingrown hairs on my arm pits they hurt like hell. I just woundered if theres anything I can do to help this problem. It's like a big bump that hurts to the touch.

Use a one-blade razor from now on - and shave daily...

Comment

Try bump stopper by high time products in Reno NV also there is a few products out there. try at beauty supplys also there is a aveno anti razor bump shaving cream. Or if you want to go natural Lime juice.

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
        Use a one-blade razor from now on - and shave daily...

Ditto. My dermatologist just told me that using a single blade for sensitive areas is best since the multiple blades usually pull the hair tight so that the hair that is left winds up below the skin's surface. Also, for the ingrown's that haven't come out, get yourself to a dermatologist and they will fix them for you.

Pay attention to the way the hair grows and do not shave against the grain as that can pull the hair below the skin's surface which is what causes ingrowns. The shave won't be as close but it will prevent someone with sensitive skin such as yourself from getting ingrowns.

You can also go for a few laser treatments. Even if you don't go for all of the treatments it takes to permenantly remove the hair, it will lighten it up, make the hairs thinner, and shaving will be easier.

Or you can just use a trimmer on an electric razor to get close but not super clean shaven.

Shaving with baby oil is good too, helps the blade slide over the skin without nicking it. Girls have to be careful using babyoil on their labia because it'll cause yeast infections if not washed off propperly but for a guy it doesn't matter.

Comment

sounds like a pilonidal cyst, do a search and you'll find all kinds of information on it, too much to repeat here. it's essentially an ingrown hair in which the hair follicle jabs into the side of the pore and attempts to grow out through the skin, rather than the pore. there are tens of supposedly natural remedies out there...
          as usual, puddles is right, go see a dermatologist, use baby oil, a single blade razor, etc...
          i'm not trying to kiss your ass puddles, it's just that you ARE usually right... :)

Comment

Thanks for the info! Never thought of the baby oil.. 8)

Comment

For all my in grown hair issues,I have a female lady friend who likes to "cure" them.She uses a pair of tweezers, a needle, and "high time bump stopper"(sold at your local store).You use the tweezers to pull out the embedded hair or if its below the skin,use the needle to gently pry it above the surface without digging too much of a whole in your face.Afterwards the bump stopper cream drys out the bump which makes it disappear and makes the skin tighter so no bumps reappear any time soon.

Comment

You will know if it is an ingrown hair. If it's pimple like & stays painful to touch, there is a hair under there and the pain wont go away untill you get the hair out. I use a needle and a pair of tweezers aswell. Once ive dug it out, it heals and is gone within days. I usually curse the hair and swear some obsenities at it aswell for giving me greif. But great satisfaction when you finally dig it out and it's 5 times longer than all the hairs around it.
                Along with the advice you have recieved, make sure your skin has been soaking in warm - hot water before you shave. It opens the pores and allows the hair to shave off easily. And then every shower, exfoliate in warm - hot water. That removes dead skin cells and stops the pores blocking up causing the hairs to grown inwards. Gotta keep the pores clean and clear of gunk!

Comment

Working...
                X