cancer sores....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cancer sores....

anyone suffer from cancer sores here? I get them regularly, and it usually is b/c i bite my lip or cheeck and then the skin opens up and forms a sore for about a week. SUcks, its painfull, puts me in a bad mood for a week.....just wondering if anyone had any home remedies to make them go away faster.

sure you dont have the herp?

Comment

Originally posted by BJJ PitBull
      anyone suffer from cancer sores here? I get them regularly, and it usually is b/c i bite my lip or cheeck and then the skin opens up and forms a sore for about a week. SUcks, its painfull, puts me in a bad mood for a week.....just wondering if anyone had any home remedies to make them go away faster.
      sure you mean canker sore not cancer? :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by hurley
        sure you mean canker sore not cancer? :confused:
        Damn, you contribute so much to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
          Damn, you contribute so much to this board.
          isnt that what the guy means though?

Comment

Lets see if we can use our brains. He bites his lip or cheek, it opens into a sore, and last about a week. Does that sound like cancer or a bad habbit?

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
              Lets see if we can use our brains. He bites his lip or cheek, it opens into a sore, and last about a week. Does that sound like cancer or a bad habbit?
              that would be a bad HABIT.....sorry bro

Comment

naw, you guys are right and wrong....it IS a form of herpes, but its not the same as oral herpes on the outside of your mouth. I dont know a lot about it but i did read that it is a form of herpes. Its not the same as when a normal person bites there lip, and it hurts, but heals....when i bite my lip it opens up into a sore and it gets worse and worse for a few days until it is a f*cking wound!!! hurts, stings, cant eat, im pissed at the world for a week.....its not b/c im biting my lip, its b/c i have a virus or something that the sore appears...theres times when one just comes w/o me biting anything.

Its been something that has happened to me regularly since i can remember but now im reading and hearing that there is a steroid shot you can get that prevents outbreaks for 6 months at a time, but the steroid also weakens your bones or something.....i thought someone else round here might know more.

Comment

my girlfriend works at a gyno and explained to me that there are both type 1 and type 2 herpes. type 1 which is what you have was transmitted to you by another person. type 2 is the sexually transmitted type. both are not curable my advice would be to see your doctor to get medication that helps prevent the sores from breaking out.

Comment

Originally posted by MuscleManMatt
                    sure you dont have the herp?
                    :laughnew:

Comment

Here is some good information on canker sores, also called mouth ulcers. There are several remedies that at least alleviate the pain until they heal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canker_sores

Comment

so i saw the doc today, and basically canker sores are not herpes according to some docs, and they are a form of herpes according to others, but it is a virus.....either way its not contagiouse, and no one knows why or how some people get canker sores. Could be an ingredient in toothpaste, could be a nutrient deficiency in iron, lysine, b-vits that triggers the sores.....in my case its mostly when i bite my lip or check, but sometimes they just come.....so she gave me this steroid paste stuff to put on it and its suppossed to speed up healing. Supplementing with B-vits, Lysine, etc. has help lots of people to lessen the sores and all that.

Im surprised no one who has replied has had canker sores before.....according to one website over 50% of the US population gets canker sores at one time or another, and a 1/4 of the population has the virus but never gets a sore.

Comment

I get them occasionally. My wife gets them all the time - usually more than one at the same time. The hormones in you body definitely influence them - she didn't have a single one during the time she was pregnant and then boom - they started right back up after our son was born.

Comment

Originally posted by BJJ PitBull
                            so i saw the doc today, and basically canker sores are not herpes according to some docs, and they are a form of herpes according to others, but it is a virus.....either way its not contagiouse, and no one knows why or how some people get canker sores. Could be an ingredient in toothpaste, could be a nutrient deficiency in iron, lysine, b-vits that triggers the sores.....in my case its mostly when i bite my lip or check, but sometimes they just come.....so she gave me this steroid paste stuff to put on it and its suppossed to speed up healing. Supplementing with B-vits, Lysine, etc. has help lots of people to lessen the sores and all that.

Im surprised no one who has replied has had canker sores before.....according to one website over 50% of the US population gets canker sores at one time or another, and a 1/4 of the population has the virus but never gets a sore.
                            Not contaigous? Dude I hate to question your doctor but how could she not explain to you that it indeed IS type 1 herpes. Search on the internet youll know more than your doctor. Best of luck brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by MuscleManMatt
                              Not contaigous? Dude I hate to question your doctor but how could she not explain to you that it indeed IS type 1 herpes. Search on the internet youll know more than your doctor. Best of luck brotha.

I have searched the net...probably read through about 20 different sites in the last 48 hours and found some sites that say it is a form of NON contagiouse herpes, and others say it is not a form of herpes at all.....some say the sores are caused by a virus similar to but not herpes, and some doc's and websites say that they arent caused by a virus at all, but a nutrient deficiency like lysine and other stuff, some say it is hereditary and passed down to you from parents, which would make sense cuz my mom and a lot of people from her side of the family used to get them when they were younger or still get them....but i have not found anything anywhere that says it is contagiouse like type 1 herpes. Every website, dentist, doc ive talked to all say it is not contagiouse ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X