Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with legs going numb at night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with legs going numb at night...

I've been having problems with my legs going totally numb on me at night. At first it was only when I lay on my back. From my lower back all the way down both of my legs they would go totally numb and fall to sleep. I would have to lay there and move around until I could feel them again so I could get up. Now it has gotten worse, it's started doing it when I lay on my side also. It wakes me up during the middle of the night and I am losing sleep from it. Has anybody ever had this happen to them before or know what this is from?

Nope, no spider veins.

Comment

My mom (not biological) has RLS, but I don't think that's what it is. I've been killing legs in the gym lately....do you think that could cause bad circulation? Getting too big for my own good?lol

Comment

I turn from side to side before I fall asleep but when I'm out, I'm out. I don't move much when I'm asleep.

Comment

Once you talked about laying in bed at night you lost me :P

Comment

has your back been hurting you lately? sounds worrisome... definitely talk to a dr. if you can. i'm thinking it might have something to do with a pinched nerve in your spine, etc., but can't really say one way or another.

Comment

Poor circulation? Thats a long shot.

Does it only/mostly happen on or around leg/deadlift days? Any pain? If so does the pain radiate into the rear and back of the thigh and calf, and/or down to your feet? When was the last time you took a week off?

If you feel like being conservative give your back a break. I would take a week or 2 off of squats/deads and work the core. You probably wont so when it gets worse go see a doc. Worse being when the numbness & tingling, becomes a burning, prickling, painful sensation.
              Last edited by NYCmitch25; 02-12-06, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                Once you talked about laying in bed at night you lost me :P
                :whip: Concentrate Shib Concentrate...lol :)

I will "try" to give legs a rest for a while. It will be hard, cause that's my fav. thing to work out. This is different than just my legs going to sleep, that's pretty normal. But the first time it happened, I tried to get out of bed to answer the phone and collapsed on the floor and had to crawl to answer it. It felt like I was paralyzed or something. From the waist down, I couldn't feel anything. There was no pain or anything. Kinda scary. But I will def. try to lay off of legs for a while and see how that goes. If it gets any worse I will have to go to the doc.
                Thanks guys :)

Comment

yeah if he was over 50 and not weight training ...

I think its scary your giving out medical advise. Only reason why I responded.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                    Well WTF do you think we do here on this board besides give out AS advice? Tell people how to stick their thumbs up there ass or something?
                    I'm hoping you can expound a little more on the "thumbs up their ass" thing. I've heard alot about it but I'm interested to know more specifics.

Comment

Working...
                    X