So my neck swelled up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So my neck swelled up!

My neck over the past month has gained about 2 inches total, and no its not from lifting. None of my dress shirts fit, which sucks and some of my collared shirts dont fit right anymore either.

I went in to the ear/nose/throat doctor and my tonsils are apparently swollen about 4 times bigger then they should be. I noticed when I was doing cardio that my breathing was begining to suck but didnt know my tonsils would effect it. So I am breathing through an 1/8th of my airway. because of this my throat is now enlarged along with my neck to compensate for it.

So now my diet will be screwed for a week or so because, I guess ice cream is the diet of the tonsil champs? According to everyone I have talked to.

Anyone else gone through this. Had theirs taken out. I know I will be druged out of my mind for the pain, but I dont really care about that. I just want to be able to breathe right again.

Ice cream my friend.... and protein smoothies :)

Comment

Originally posted by YellowJacket
      Ice cream my friend.... and protein smoothies :)
      Well i have the protein shakes already, so i guess some low carb ice cream? I am going to try and keep this as healthy and strict to my diet as possible.

BTW: Allthewhey, Mint Choc is amazing. Cant thank bouncer enough for making that post. Bought a 5lb container, its cheap and tastes way to good.

Comment

I think you can also blend oats and protein powder and take that...and if you need more fats, flaxseed oil by the tablespoon...yum

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees
          I think you can also blend oats and protein powder and take that...and if you need more fats, flaxseed oil by the tablespoon...yum
          Oh god...flaxseed oil by the tablespoon?!?! I take flaxseed oil liquidgels and one broke open in my mouth once...holy crap was that bitter. Can't imagine straight oil by the tablespoon.

Sev408, how is your throat feeling now?

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
            Oh god...flaxseed oil by the tablespoon?!?! I take flaxseed oil liquidgels and one broke open in my mouth once...holy crap was that bitter. Can't imagine straight oil by the tablespoon.

oh my god anything but flax seed oil........it really broke in your mouth....what a pussy.... :laughnew:

Comment

Originally posted by hurley
              oh my god anything but flax seed oil........it really broke in your mouth....what a pussy.... :laughnew:
              WTF...now you're following me around the board just to post stupid replies to my posts? And you think I'm a joke? Get out of here...you did the same thing to rado before.

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues

not that great. I look back at my photos from like 4 months ago and my neck is half the size. I feel like shit when I look at myself in the mirror. Well neck up that is :)

still have to wait till may 8, thats the day they come out. so i pray the swelling will go away.

it sucks that you have to set up a date 1 to 2 months ahead of when it needs to be done.

Comment

Working...
                X