stretch marks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch marks?

I think i put this in the right place. but anyways, i have i guess what you could call stretch marks forming on my pecs. Not sure is this is normal considering im not very big in the first place, only like 5'8 177. I have grown a bit since last winter though. A buddy of mine thinks there pretty cool and i would have to agree, it would show i'm making some progress. Just wondering what everyone else thinks. I tried to attach an image, hope it works.

and yes i am a hairy b!tch too
    Attached Files

try some cocoa butter for stretch marks.

Comment

At this point it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks - they're permanent :)

Comment

and It's normal and if you keep working you will get more. I know I'm not near one of the biggest guys on this board and I have 4-5 on each arm.
        Last edited by Shibby; 10-08-06, 07:44 PM.

Comment

i was mainly just wondering if it was normal, i havnt really seen alot of other people with them

Comment

Originally posted by looman69
            i was mainly just wondering if it was normal, i havnt really seen alot of other people with them
            You probably just havn't noticed, looked close enough... or observed anyone that really works hard :). The color on your is pretty bright still so (because it's newer) you may be able to use coco butter (or lotion with coco butter) to minimize it. But it will fade and look more like a scar.

Comment

I have gotten stretch marks ever since I started lifting. I tried cocoa butter for about 3 months a couple years back and it didn't seem to help me much. If you're skin is going to get them, there's not much you can really do about it. Look at it this way, stretch marks are undeniably signs that you are growing. I think a lot of it has to do with genetics and how fast you grow. My workout partner back home is 5-11, 275, thick and strong. He has never gotten one stretch mark and 25 years ago, he weighed in at a massive 150#. I put on 10# after lifting weights and I get them.

Knox

Comment

Take a vitamin E cap, use a needle or straight pin and punch a hole in the end. Throughly rub the contents into the stretch marks at least once a day, preferably before you go to bed. It's a bit oily, so the more you rub in in the less oily it is and the better the results. I think it really helps moisturize and enables the skin to be a bit more elastic, better than most lotions.

Of course, you know they come because your skin's growth can't keep up with the muscle growth. People who's skin is a bit more elastic may not ever show any. Just another case of genetics. Wear them as a "badge of honor", so to speak. Shows that your muscles are indeed growing. BB

Comment

Working...
                X