Quick Question about tanning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question about tanning

I am not an avid tanner nor do i care for the sun too much,but i was wondering if tanning does something to your skin that brings out your muscles or veins. I just assume it does,seeing how bodybuilders seem to tan or spray on before a competition or is this all a huge myth?Man,i sound stupid with this thread but i guess the curiousity got to me.Any benefitial answers would be great.thanks again

Originally posted by 3rdCoast
    I am not an avid tanner nor do i care for the sun too much,but i was wondering if tanning does something to your skin that brings out your muscles or veins. I just assume it does,seeing how bodybuilders seem to tan or spray on before a competition or is this all a huge myth?Man,i sound stupid with this thread but i guess the curiousity got to me.Any benefitial answers would be great.thanks again
    Tanning actually makes you hold water under the skin - most folks drop tanning a few days out (I usually stop at least 5 out from a show)...

The fake tanners have nothing to do with vascularity either - just brings out more definition in the sense that cuts are easier to see when you're darker (of course going too dark can hurt you on stage too)....

Comment

Working...
    X