No announcement yet.

BF% 4.0, so I have some concerns and need insight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome insight gentlemen....thank you. I went the other day to get my bf done by a trained prof. and it came out at 4.1% using the hand tool. The past few days I have deducted 2 meals from my daily intake and since I ran out of shakes 2 days ago I have only had time to grab one at the gym. BF% has gone up 1% but my hunger man....its fierce. Im going to grab some more protein and incorp. more fats. I see what both of you cats are saying, but I feel that if my body is hungry I need to feed it. But I also see how I am enabling my metabo. to be this elevated by eating so much so Im going with B's method first then I think Im going to try fog's. Both sound. Ill throw some pics up for you here shortly. Redneck and I are going to hit the gym later today so Ill start the progress pics there.

Comment

Palm tanita/hand tool - are you using the "sensors" that you hold onto with your hands?

Comment

yeah that was the first one that shows E4(?) when I put in all the info. But to get any reading off of it I had to put it in saying I was 5'8. Im 5'10. I (meaning a trainer)did the hand tool one the other day and it was a 4.1.

Comment

I'm not going to dismiss your readings/situation altogether but I'll tell you this - I'm 5'8", 220/225 with abs/serratus showing plain as day with a 30/31" waist (roughly 7%/maybe 8% bf) and that damn machine at my work shows me at 27% bf!!!

Just food for thought....

Comment

yeah, I was thinking that muscle density might have something to do with it. Maybe? But you can see ripples in my ass if I flex so I know its low. But like I said I had that other one done and it was .1% higher. But lemme ask you this, is it good or bad to stay at that %? Ive heard some say its fine and others say its risky. There are obvious draw backs to being naturally low but heart wise, etc., are the any substantiated negative side effects?

Comment

Originally posted by 3quin0x
              yeah, I was thinking that muscle density might have something to do with it. Maybe? But you can see ripples in my ass if I flex so I know its low. But like I said I had that other one done and it was .1% higher. But lemme ask you this, is it good or bad to stay at that %? Ive heard some say its fine and others say its risky. There are obvious draw backs to being naturally low but heart wise, etc., are the any substantiated negative side effects?
              I'm not an expert on the matter but I do know maintaining this low of a bf% is dangerous in the sense that vital organs "can" be negatively affected - visceral fat is very important for healthy organs and their function and when you're that low on the bf% scale it's affected negatively...

Comment

So I've cut my meals down, my weight has remained at 160 for the past 2 weeks. My bf% has stuck at 4 to. Im feeling even more hunger.

Comment

Originally posted by 3quin0x
                  So I've cut my meals down, my weight has remained at 160 for the past 2 weeks. My bf% has stuck at 4 to. Im feeling even more hunger.
                  you need to be stuffing yourself with calories in those meals. if you are eating a cup of rice and a chicken breast, that ain't going to cut it. get yourself some lean hamburger and other high calorie meat sources.

Comment

I dont know shit about this.

Comment

if your so hungry eat more peanut butter, sheesh the last time I had a problem I was 13 years old LOL!

Comment

Updates???

Comment

Well between Fog hat and the Bouncer this guy is all set. nothing left to say. Lol

Comment

Im wondering his age?

I was at 3% for several years High school wrestling, and wrestling in the Marines. Once I hit 25 though.... metabolism slowed.

Comment

Working...
                            X