Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression

I am not trying to whine or anything but I am just looking for some with some similar experiences or helpful commentary. If you have read some of my latest threads you would know about all the recent, very serious, health problems I have been dealing with. To sum up briefly, heart, liver, kidney, and hormone level problems. Adding to all the frustration, I have been living in a city that I hate and know no one for about 6 months. I am only 26 which is way too young to be dealing with all the health issues. I am finding that as I sit alone in my house night after night with no one to talk to, except my girlfriend over the phone, I am just feeling overwhelmed with depression. I know that my natural test levels being down play into the depression but with all my issues I can't use any exogenous test to remedy my mood. Not to mention that my workouts are suffering from all the stress from work and the low test and all the other health issues. I feel like I am losing all the ground that I have spent years working for. I used to be the big monster at the gym that people watched lift. Not saying that to be arrogant, please don't think that, but it's true. The mixture of health problems that might possibly end my life way too early and all the recent changes in my life seem overwhelming at this point. Has anyone here been through and over come anything similar?

Sorry to hear about your situation brother. I'm sure all of us have battled depression to a certain extent. Try surrounding yourself around the people you love. Is there a reason that you have to live away from your girlfriend? I have gone through some very difficult times and being around my family and friends is what pulled me through it. Keep you head up and realize that it will get better. Don't sit around and feel sorry for yourself. Keep yourself busy. And most importantly enjoy life brother.

Comment

i have been through a tough spell before. not necessarily health issues like you are talking about. in a year and a half period my parents split up, my grandpop died, we moved to an area that i hated, and our puppy died of a rare dog flu. at some point going through all that, i wasnt sure i would come out the other end. i did though and time heals.

what you need to do instead of just sitting there and dwelling on things is take steps that will change your situation. if you truly hate where you are you need to take steps to change it. nothing is worth making you feel the way you do, job included. i am sure you can find a job closer to friends and family.

as far as your health, stay on your doctors, call them 3 times a day if you need to and get to the bottom of things and fix whatever the problem is.

i dont want to hear about your life ending early and all this crap. keep your head up, work hard, take care of business, and believe in yourself and everything will fall into place.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post
        Sorry to hear about your situation brother. I'm sure all of us have battled depression to a certain extent. Try surrounding yourself around the people you love. Is there a reason that you have to live away from your girlfriend? I have gone through some very difficult times and being around my family and friends is what pulled me through it. Keep you head up and realize that it will get better. Don't sit around and feel sorry for yourself. Keep yourself busy. And most importantly enjoy life brother.
        must you call everyone "bother" lol. all i think of is hulk hogan when you say that. bro is about as close as you should get. :P

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          must you call everyone "bother" lol. all i think of is hulk hogan when you say that. bro is about as close as you should get. :P

I must call everyone brother, brother. :moon:

Comment

Yeah I hear you. Its not like I am just sitting around moping. I handle business and try to focus on moving forward. Its fine all day long but then when I get home from the gym after a long day at work,thats when it gets to me. Too much time to just sit and think really. I appreciate the encouraging words though...brother lol

Comment

ok, so starting today you need to start doing something different when you get home. whatever you are doing now is wrong and you need to catch yourself thinking the wrong thoughts. maybe rent a good movie, or get yourself a 360 or PS3 and play some games. do something that will break the habit of the negative depressed thoughts. it is hard, i understand that, but this is the way to fix it, trust me.

Comment

get an Xbox j/k

In terms of the gym, change up your workouts, no point trying to do the same as when on when your not on. That means you can't go as heavy, certainly not every week. Periodise your training, add cardio different dimensions

Comment

by the way bro, this section is for health an fitness news, i am going to move your post to self care.

Comment

I appreciate the kind words. Today I actually got a job offer to move back home so that I don't have to be away from everyone I know. I have started to change my training. I love moving big weight, but I guess for now I will just have to settle for the pump. I don't know why I have let all this bullshit get to me. I know it will pass but its tough to start to make those changes and get things in line. Im still in it though and I truly do appreciate everyones encouragment.

Comment

Originally posted by barbender View Post
                      Today I actually got a job offer to move back home so that I don't have to be away from everyone I know.
                      That's a great start - congrats to you!

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat View Post
                        That's a great start - congrats to you!
                        Hey, thanks. Hopefully we can come to an agreement on a salary. I need outta this town.

Comment

Damn man, sorry to hear about ur depression. Honestly, one of my good friends had a severe case of depression, so severe he was on anti-depression meds that his doc had prescribed. About 2 yrs back we were always lifting heavy, eating good, and seeing gains constantly. BEST WORKOUT PARTNER I HAD. when he went to college he got depressed mid way into the semester. B4 the meds he was at 16% BF, i went to his house b4 tis semester started and he was at 22%bf. hasn't lifted ever since he was on the meds. his build is all gone, HUGE TIRE AROUND HIS STOMACH, u can c is through a baggy shirt. it made me sad and depressed a little...now he's good and slammin the weights

basically man, there r rough patches in life and good patches. Just don't like depression get the best of u. Keep lifting, that for me works becuz it keeps me stress free and depression free

Good news has started for u already, pretty soon ur lookin at ur new job back at home and bein wit ur girl :)

Comment

just remember its all experience and will help you appreciate things moving forwards. When you think your bored and grumpy just try and appreciate what you have got, there are plenty worse off.

Comment

you just found out you got into medical school....be happy man:)

Comment

Working...
                              X