Shoulder/neck muscle pull.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoulder/neck muscle pull.

So I think I pulled a muscle right near my spine that runs from my neck to shoulder. I haven't been to the gym since Sunday cause it's been bugging me for over a week now. It just doesn't seem to be getting better.

Any ideas? Could I have torn it?

what were you doing when the injury occurred? There are a couple options on which one it could be but the trapezius would be my guess as it runs from the base of the skull then extends laterally to the top of the shoulder then down the back to the middle of the lumbar region and is the largest of muscles of the upper back.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's my trap. Only thing is I was doing shoulders and tris that day and it didnt start hurting till i was all done.

Comment

what does the pain feel like? does it go away in certain positions? does ibuprofen take away the pain?

Comment

It's a sharp pain. It's fine for most of the day or if I don't turn my neck very far. At points during the day it will send pain into my shoulder and sometimes down my arm. It seems to be better this morning, but we'll see how the day goes.

Ibuprofen didn't do anything for it.

Comment

I bet it is just a strain or a pull, whatever you want to call it. The damage to it probably just caused it some inflammation. which is why it is irritated only in certain positions. How much ibprofen did you take?

Comment

i took like 400 mg on saturday.

It seems to be getting better. It's still sore but not as bad as it's been.

Comment

not a tear, just a common pull. will be gone in a few days.

Comment

get it massaged now that its on the mend, by a physio, that will release tension and scar tissue. Start back very light bro

Comment

I'm gonna go get a massage this weekend, or try to.

Comment

Buy some DMSO (di Methyl Sulf-Oxide) from the drug store and crush up an asprin in it. Rub it in and it'll help the inflammation.

Comment

better?

Comment

Is there an accredidation I should look for or that anyone else looks for in a deep tissue massage therapist? I've got some pretty serious injuries from heavy lifting and now soccer etc and would really like to get some kinks worked out. I just don't want to spend a ton of money on someone who isn't "qualified" etc.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                            better?
                            No it's not. i'm gonna go to a chiropractor soon. I've been so busy and stressed with my cat that I haven't been able to take care of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timma View Post
                              No it's not. i'm gonna go to a chiropractor soon. I've been so busy and stressed with my cat that I haven't been able to take care of it.
                              i would be willing to bet that it is the stress itself that is contributing to the problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X